PDA

View Full Version : Need some reassurance regarding health

Greg316
20-10-16, 19:50
It's been a crazy couple of months for me. My dad was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer 5 months ago, and really sent my anxiety which had been dormant for 5 years into a tail spin. The good news is that his inoperable tumor has been made operable by chemotherapy and radiation, so there's a chance for a complete cure, which is great.

Last week I ate at a restaurant which is known to give me gastric distress, and lo and behold I bloated up big time afterwards. Whenever I bloat, I get palpitations, and I think that started my anxiety cranking up as well.

I'm currently feeling kinda sweaty; with pain under my right rib, pain under my left rib, lots of flatulence and burping, lots of stomach and side bubbling/gurgling, palpitations, fidgety/nervous energy feeling.

I don't have a fever, I don't have jaundice or anything, so I don't thinks it's really serious; could anxiety cause the above symptoms, or anxiety mixed with IBS?

I've unfortunately gone to Dr.Google and diagnosed myself with pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, gall bladder disease, etc; but given the timing, I think it is most likely anxiety, especially considering I'm only 32 years old.

unsure_about_this
20-10-16, 19:59
Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Have you seen a doctor/GP about your symptoms, please try not to Google I know it hard but it will come up with something bad.

Beachlady
21-10-16, 01:39
It's been a crazy couple of months for me. My dad was diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer 5 months ago, and really sent my anxiety which had been dormant for 5 years into a tail spin. The good news is that his inoperable tumor has been made operable by chemotherapy and radiation, so there's a chance for a complete cure, which is great.

Last week I ate at a restaurant which is known to give me gastric distress, and lo and behold I bloated up big time afterwards. Whenever I bloat, I get palpitations, and I think that started my anxiety cranking up as well.

I'm currently feeling kinda sweaty; with pain under my right rib, pain under my left rib, lots of flatulence and burping, lots of stomach and side bubbling/gurgling, palpitations, fidgety/nervous energy feeling.

I don't have a fever, I don't have jaundice or anything, so I don't thinks it's really serious; could anxiety cause the above symptoms, or anxiety mixed with IBS?

I've unfortunately gone to Dr.Google and diagnosed myself with pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, gall bladder disease, etc; but given the timing, I think it is most likely anxiety, especially considering I'm only 32 years old.

Your anxiety regarding your dad is stressing you out, and understandably so. Anxiety can play havoc with our GI tract, and other bodily systems. The more you focus on it, the more you feel it.

Let it go. Remind yourself that you feel anxious, and your body is reacting to your anxiety. Take care of yourself during this difficult time. Hugs.

Greg316
21-10-16, 16:46
Yes, I definitely think it's all in my head. After work yesterday I went home and rowed a very strenuous 2000m distance on my erg, heart didn't skip a single beat and I felt great. After the workout, I brooded a bit more and the palpitations started coming back. Palpitations is really the wrong word, they just feel like skipped beats. I was finally able to go to sleep last night and then woke up, and was delighted to see that I didn't have any palpitations at all the whole morning. Then I got to work and the stress and skipped beats started again :(