PDA

View Full Version : Period Anxiety

Scotzil
20-10-16, 20:34
Hi everyone,

I posted here about a month ago about my period being two weeks late. It eventually came, on around day 56 or 57 of my cycle (conveniently two days before I went on holiday).

Now it is past due again, and I'm on cycle day 36. I can feel my anxiety ramping right up. One dodgy cycle I can explain but I am getting so worried as this cycle is also late.

I also have pain in the front of my right thigh and back of my right calf and I am aware of my mind running away with catastrophic thoughts like ovarian cancer.

I don't know if I should be going to the doctor or if I should leave it for a few cycles to see if it settles down.

I really, really do not want to get into yet another health anxiety spiral :(.

I know I'm not really posting a question here, I guess I just wanted to vent a bit as nobody in my physical life has much patience for me when I mention being worried about something.

Thanks for listening, this forum is a godsend.

ana
20-10-16, 20:57
I think it's perfectly normal to miss a period or two every now and again. Hormonal changes happen, stress has an effect, diet change or change in exercise routine/lifestyle... If you're really worried, speak to your doctor, but I'd say there's nothing to worry about. I've had periods be late before, I've missed them for many months (freaked out like you did, too!) and nothing bad has ever happened. :)

Scotzil
20-10-16, 21:01
Thanks so much for replying Ana. I believe you answered last time too and your reply was so reassuring.

I think I am just worried because my period has always been regular until the last few months now I've had a 56 day cycle and now on day 36 with no sign of it :(.

It does make me feel better that you've had similar experiences. I'm not horribly obsessively anxious yet, I just really don't want to go back there.

Do you think it's okay to just wait and see if it settles down?

ana
21-10-16, 09:41
Hehe I believe I have replied before. I'm somewhat of a period expert,me. :shades: No problem,I think it's really common,and I think you should just wait for the menstruation to normalise. Your body knows what to do and how to achieve balance. In the meantime,try relaxing and getting more natural fats in your diet by eating nuts,avocado,etc