PDA

View Full Version : Breathing and heart rate!

xBettyBoopx
20-10-16, 22:38
Not beaing able to breathe properly and high heart rate or heart thudding or both, are the symptoms I have had for many years. For me it just seems to get worse, definately doesn't get easier.

I am tired of it. I am tired of thinking almost every minute I am awake about my breathing and listening into my heart. I wish I could switch it off!

Even when I sleep I seem to be tense and anxious as I wake up with clenched teeth and heart racing!

Lately I have been worse than ever. I feel like I can't put one foot in front of the other with gasping for air, but not always! Sometimes I don't feel as bad as I do now, sometimes I can do things without feeling overly breathless!

I gave up smoking 7 years ago after 37 years. At first it felt so good, I thought I could breathe better and that my heart wasn't going so fast. Then as time went on so the old symptoms came back and now it's worse than ever. I shake which I don't find scary but I only used to shake when I had a panic attack. I don't want to sit still because the shaking is worse, it's better to do something but my breathing and high heart rate won't allow me to do anything.......HELP!!

I'm not sure at this point what is going on in my body. I have felt so anxious for so many decades that I don't know what is anxiety and what is real :weep:

Has anyone felt stuck to the chair or stuck wherever you are in fear? Like your body is stiff with fear?

I live alone and have no one to talk to, I have lost friends and dumped so-called friends for the way I have been treated, even family members are not trustworthy. I don't want particularly to talk about myself (although being able to do that would hopefully lesson the tension), but just to talk to someone about anything and not feel afraid. I believe that if we didn't fear we would be able to put up with anything! We need the fear of course but not this excessive fear that stops us from living.

I almost want to believe that I have been feeling a lot worse lately because I have over active thyroid! That is treatable!! And yes I should go to the doctors. I really don't know why I don't make an appointment but I think maybe it's because I fear what they are going to say.

If only I could take my night time medication in the morning too, I think I would be a lot better. I take a very strong 2.5mg lorazepam which I have been taking for about 9 years, although I have been on some sort of tranquillizer for about 36/37 years!! They do help, I normally feel a bit better about an hour after taking it, but the hours leading up to taking it I am looking at the clock wishing the time away!! This is no life! It never was and never will be. Yes I do feel sorry for myself. 40+ years of this is too much, infact any amount of time stuck with fear is too much!

I maybe should have put this in a different segment :weep::weep:

xBettyBoopx
27-10-16, 20:53
I just thought that I might get one reply of some sort of message of support.....so sad :weep::weep:

Shelly15
28-10-16, 12:22
Hey, I'm also going through the same as you I feel like I have really shallow breathing and my heart is thudding so much that all I concentrate on is my heart beat.

I have the same feeling when I wake up my teeth are clenched together and I feel so tence and I feel so tired and weak like I haven't even been to sleep. I've had to quit my job because of it along with it I get dizzy and off balance. I've been to my doctor who has put it down to stress and anxiety but I really don't believe that it can cause all these symptoms.

Yes I also feel like I get stuck in a chair with fear, it's like my body has gone stiff and won't move because I'm full of fear, it happens when I'm walking to I have to force my foot in front of the other, I really thought I was the only one!

I also have no one to talk to I've lost so many friends, and family just say to me it's all in my head and to snap out of it. It's stoped me from living and doing normal things, I used to be out the house all the time either working or with my friends going places until anxiety just hit me and I can't even leave the house go to the shop or leave my bed, what makes it even harder is I have a son who I have to take to school everyday even doing that is terrifying!

I also gave up smoking and alcohol about 6 years ago and at first felt better for it but then after a while anxiety kicked in again. I'm not on any medication as I don't want to depend on it. I've had cbt but that didn't work and the doctors are no help at all so I'm just stuck on my own fighting this battle in my head thinking I'm just about to die any second.