PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Steve30
21-10-16, 08:38
Hello everyone, Just thought I would do a first post.

I have had severe anxiety all of my life, which is why I am where I am now. A point with no friends, no living parents, nothing at all.

It's ironic really isn't it, that anxiety ruins lives, but isn't always taken that seriously or diagnosed correctly because the person who has it struggles to explain their symptoms to a doctor because of.... Anxiety.

For over 10 years I went to doctors about the anxiety but a mixture of not being able to explain myself properly and them not fully understanding how badly it ruins my life means I have only been given minimal help, if any at all.

It's taken until the last week for a doctor to finally understand. I was told I have chronic anxiety and again more irony.... The help I have been offered to help with the anxiety feels really overwhelming and difficult to face because anxiety has ruined my life so much that I feel so low, drained and unable to focus.

Thats me anyway. I wont put any more as I will save it for other threads :D

venusbluejeans
21-10-16, 08:45
Hiya Steve30 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
21-10-16, 13:29
Good to see you here Steve.

Sounds like you've had it pretty rough.

There are plenty of people to talk to here, and lots of resources. Hopefully, with time and persistence, you can start to feel some improvement.