PDA

View Full Version : Are a doctor avoider or crave the appointments?

Mrschurchill
21-10-16, 10:28
Curious to see how many people dread a doctors appointment (me for sure!) and how many can see themselves at the doctors office once a week!?

Sam Winter
21-10-16, 10:46
It was really hard to choose an answer because I'm actually both haha :roflmao:

unsure_about_this
21-10-16, 11:00
I voted for the bottom one, however I dread the dentist more :) but my appointment went fine today, the thing I was worried about is not cancer, just need my gum with my brush and formed an ucler which will healed in a few weeks time after my cold goes.

I would go down to the GP nearly every day if it could (I been good only twice this year so far) which is very good for my anxiety

Do I dread going to the GP and doctors, yes depending on what their find)

SLA
21-10-16, 11:30
I generally avoid the Doctor, but have seen mine a few times recently just to check on my progress.

After the separation from my wife, I had a few times where I was on the edge of depression again, but I keep turning it around.

Last time I saw her she said she as proud of me, and that I was handling things extremely well! :blush:

skymaid
21-10-16, 11:41
Hmm i'm neither really.

I don't love going but I go when needed.

Mrschurchill
21-10-16, 11:45
If someone says the words to me 'maybe you should see a doctor' I literally feel sick!

ServerError
21-10-16, 13:50
I was in danger of becoming obsessed with seeing the doctor but I got myself out of it. I certainly don't fear it. If something were to be seriously wrong with me, I'd want to know!

Mrschurchill
21-10-16, 14:34
I hate going, and get myself in such a state when I am in the waiting room. When I come out I am usually elated at the reassurance the doctor has given me!

skymaid
21-10-16, 14:37
waiting rooms stress me out for everything.

nhelen79
21-10-16, 18:14
I have a great GP who explains my symptoms like a biology teacher and have sympathy for his annoying patients like me because he himself went through a brain tumor surgery. I find his technique assuring; however because of that, I tend to check with him a lot which feeds my anxiety :(

MarkC
21-10-16, 18:31
I worry that the more often I see my GP, the more they will just think 'health anxiety' when I go in with an ailment.

dale12345
21-10-16, 18:40
I go for every little thing , have to work on it.

almamatters
21-10-16, 19:58
Bit of both really, have phases when I book appointments regularly and times when the thought of going scares the life out of me, currently avoiding going.

DrIsMySecondHome
21-10-16, 20:17
I like to be reassured when I go, or if something us concerning I feel like the quicker I go the more chance I have of staying alive and healthy. I feel the need for things to be dealt with quickly but do worry they just think I'm a hypochondriac!

JosieLouise
21-10-16, 23:08
I'm kind of both. If I'm seriously worried about something (most of the time) then I can't get there quick enough. But mostly only because I know he's going to tell me it's anxiety. If there's serious possibility he might send me for tests however, I would avoid it like the plague. No tests thank you.