PDA

View Full Version : Collarbone lump?

unicorn1016
21-10-16, 14:10
I'm super paranoid about cancer and I know lumps can be a symptom. When I feel along my collar bones I have a lump just over half of the way down, about straight down from my ears. Do other people have this? I also feel like one may be slightly bigger than the other, it feels like bone but I'm worried

jill
22-10-16, 23:17
Hi Hun

I'm sorry to hear how worried you are, it's natural to have little concern but because you have anxiety your finding hard to reassure yourself.

We do say, get to know your own body, what's normal FOR YOU because if you don't Mrs anxiety is going to show you something that's always been there and tell you it's something sinister.

I can't say what your feeling, I can't see it, so I can't comment Hun...

A long time ago I found lump, just above my left collarbone, it felt hard, like bone, it did not move, I did not have the same on the right side.

Gp gave me an appointment to go get it checked out at the hospital.

In the hospital...
Doctors came into the room, felt my lump and said "do you mind if another doctor takes a look ?" I had these 2 doctors prodding my lump and then they said it.........

You have a cervical rib bone, they had heard of this, but neither of them had actually seen one or felt one haha lol I was told to leave it alone unless it bothered me, which it did not.

It's an extra rib bone... I'm special haha lol

Do you know what Hun, I was born with it, it was Mrs anxiety who showed me it. I was about 45 years young when Mrs anxiety told me it was ther, it was aching. From that day to this ( I am now 52 years young lol) it's never bothered me.

They do say that one side of the human body is slightly bigger than the other.

What your feeling could be all normal for YOU

Hun, all I can say if your REALLY concerned go see your go, Don't let Mrs anxiety play with you peace of mind goes along way

You tak care

Jill xxx