PDA

View Full Version : lump - please help

Panic1971
01-04-07, 15:55
I am hoping someone can help me.

I have a lump on my thumb. It is at the knuckle joint and the lump is connected to the bone. It feels totally different to my other thumb. I am so frightened. The base of my nail is also a different colour - it is really red.

I dont know what to do. What if it is bone cancer and it has spread to other parts of my body? I am so anxious and panicky.

nell1965
01-04-07, 16:57
Hi
sounds more like a ganglion which is a harmless fluid or jely filled cyst ,they occur usually quite close to or on joints usually the wrists but can happen on the fingers as well, docs dont usually touch them unless thaty get really big or become painful, sometimes they can become a bit inflammed and cause some discomfort. Sometimes they just disappear on their own, you can try some gentle pressure on it this sometimes disperses it but i wouldnt recommend that, go see your doctor whom im sure will confirm this or give a similiar diagnosis. The most they can be is a bit unsightly. Bone cancer does not present like this, so what ever it is im sure it isnt that.
hope this helps

joeyr
03-04-07, 11:00
I had a ganglian on the inside of my hand under my fingers and it was similar to what you are saying - what you have sounds fairly harmless to me but do go to a doctor who can help you out and just confirm or give you a fuller diagnosis.

Panic1971
03-04-07, 16:42
Thanks for your replies.

I went to see my doctor today - as I was getting myself really stressed out about it. He said it looked like the early stages of arthritus.

I told him how I was feeling about everything - burst into tears - and he has referred me to a counsellor. I am hoping I can start my road to recovery now.