PDA

View Full Version : So I did something stupid and now Convinced i have caused damage fit of rage

Lockey1995
21-10-16, 20:07
Hey,

So yeah it's gone from going well to well terrible all over again in a fit of rage I slapped my self hard on my forehead I've done this before really need to stop but I've really had enough of many things at this rate, was trying to fix something and got completely pissed off as it should be quite easy to fix. I just feel useless and can't do the simplest of things which really pisses me off.

Anyway now I'm just worried incase I've caused damage or done some sort of brain injury considering I've done it a few times in the past.

So now it turns from Depression, rage now to anxiety and if i've done damage

ServerError
21-10-16, 20:11
I know it's hard to do, but you really just need to let it go. You can't go back and undo it, so why worry about it? The chances that you've done any damage are absolutely tiny. The skull is pretty strong - think about how often people accidentally bang their heads and don't suffer for it.

There's no point worrying about something you can't change. As for your general frustration, it's the most useless emotion in the world unless you channel it properly. I learned this the hard way.

Lockey1995
21-10-16, 20:27
Yeah i need to stop getting angry when I can't do things, I just worry about this stuff when i do something like that and do that

MyNameIsTerry
21-10-16, 22:54
Anyone who fights in a ring gets kicked or punched constantly. Look how rare any brain injury is to them and they are trained to inflict damage.

Kids hit their heads all the time falling off their bikes.

Try to rationalise with things like this.

Lockey1995
22-10-16, 01:26
Thanks terry

---------- Post added at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

Yeah i need to stop but I can't i think I've hit my self I've cause some brain injury or something :(

Fishmanpa
22-10-16, 03:40
Yeah i need to stop but I can't i think I've hit my self I've cause some brain injury or something :(

Please.... be real here. You're pulling a Reb on us right? The only thing remotely resembling damage is the sheer irrationality of this. Lockey, can you really not see this?

Positive and believable thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
22-10-16, 04:54
Reb's gone. She will be replaced by others just like her, just like those that came before her - it's how anxiety is for some people.

These are just thoughts, Lockey, they don't change reality. What matters if fact and % here. If millions of men & women who take part in sports that involve head injuries (boxing, MMA, martial arts competition, rugby, football, etc) go their lifetimes without a brain injury - this matters as it's fact.

The irrational part is something that you either accept or change. For instance, if these thoughts are coming to you and you are not starting them, they are intrusive. Intrusive thoughts are the opposite of true beliefs, I like to see them as "options". Just my subconscious lobbing some options at me or something it can't understand what to do with. The latter is truly what they are but I've found viewing them as "options" helps take the sting out of them a bit. You can't stop intrusive thoughts, the more you try the worse you will make them. Pull the rug from under them by learning not to react and respond like "meh". Then they will go.

However, if the thoughts are conscious - you can work on that by changing your thoughts because these ones you are actually in control of. You need to learn to spot when you are straying into these areas and reframe things based on fact.

Don't worry about if things are very irrational, much of anxiety is. I really couldn't care less if you are afraid of cancer or walking a certain way to work - it's all irrational anxiety, cancer is meaningless because WE DON'T HAVE IT. So, some anxiety sufferers think something like cancer is more rational as a worry but that's garbage because THEY DON'T HAVE IT.

Fishmanpa
22-10-16, 13:24
I will say on the bright side, it's not a poo thread! :doh: (if it doesn't hurt the emoticon, it can't hurt you!)

Positive thoughts