PDA

View Full Version : Do I have brain cancer?!

TheAnxiousWriter
22-10-16, 10:33
Hey guys,
For all my life, I've just been known as an anxious person. But five days ago, I woke up from a dreamless sleep with tingles in my extremeties and a sinister feeling in my stomach. From then on, I just couldn't concentrate and I felt odd and extremely afraid. The tingling continued for a while, before it decided to go away. My anxiousness would escalate throughout the day and everything would feel awful in the night.
I constantly felt extremely fatigued. I was looking for symptoms. One of the scariest of the symptoms I've faced is constant twitching and shaky feeling even when I relax or taken some diazipam. I'm also having problems understanding people, memorising things, concentrating speaking and I've had what seems to be a lack of emotions. I'm scared that this won't go away or that these signs aren't just my body telling me I'm stressed.

SLA
22-10-16, 13:19
Sounds like hyper-sensitivity to bodily sensations, brought on by a panic attack that you had when waking up.

Sleep is such a weird thing. Do not take anything about sleep too seriously. The body goes through all sorts of shutdown/wakeup processes throughout the night.

I'm also having problems understanding people, memorising things, concentrating speaking..

This is stress.

I've had what seems to be a lack of emotions.

I'm scared

Well you've had the emotion of being scared and anxious.

Is it a lack of positive emotions?

See your GP. Get proper medication, and lay off the diazepam. It is habit forming, and will increase anxiety when you try and come off it.

Nothing you have said remotely points to brain cancer.

Give your stressed brain a rest. Focus on eating/sleeping well. Get moderate exercise.

TheAnxiousWriter
22-10-16, 14:28
Thank you very much! I've only had one pill and it made me kind of sleepy. The emotional numbness is kind of hard to explain... I'm reacting to things. I'll laugh and cry but the response is really muted. I've also had a thing where if I see cute animals, I just can't say "awww!" anymore or get a fuzzy reaction like I usually do. I can't think or do the things I like anymore, either.

SLA
22-10-16, 15:21
Those are all just signs of stress/anxiety and mental exhaustion.

I feel the same way on rough days.

You just need to give your poor brain a rest!