PDA

View Full Version : campylobactor!!

zippy
22-10-16, 14:48
I started with bad stomach cramps 5 weeks ago, awful diarrhea, sweats, body aches etc. I went to the drs after a week and i had to take a stool sample in which showed campylobactor (food poisoning)so i had a week of antibiotics. it eventually stopped the diarrhea and cramps. But i haven't felt right since then, i keep feeling clammy/sickly and my bowels are still not right. I didnt go yesterday but i had awful pains and today i have had stomach cramps again and been 3 times. I keep feeling awful and clammy. I thought the antibiotics would have got rid of it all and then been ok but i don't feel well still. Anyone else have this and need more than a week of antibiotics?

Phuzella
22-10-16, 19:59
Takes a while for stomach to get back to normal after food poisoning. Also antibiotics upset the stomach too. Are you supposed to have another test to see if the bug has gone?

NancyW
23-10-16, 00:58
Don't forget antibiotics can have those symptoms as side affects.

Hope you feel better soon.

LE
23-10-16, 03:46
I had this a number of years ago and it took months for stomach to get back to normal. It's just your body and stomach way trying to repair itself c