PDA

View Full Version : wierd tongue sensation- could it be anxiety

Libra2812
22-10-16, 15:34
i have recently had a really rough time with my anxiety in general and especially health anxiety. for the past few days i have been experiencing this very strange almost burning sensation on the tip of my tongue that seems to be constantly there, i did go to the dentist last week about a wisdom tooth infection and mouth ulcers, did not mention the tongue as it had not really started yet (maybe slightly but at first i thought i had burned my tongue). anyway i was wondering as it has come on during my extreme anxiety phase, could it be anxiety? i really don't want to bother the dentist again and to be fair cannot really afford to keep going. it is by far the strangest thing that i have ever had happen to me and is very irritating...

EKB
22-10-16, 16:33
I had that once during my last big bout of HA. It was like a sharp tingle/slight burn (the same sensation could probably be perceived/described differently by everyone). It started out scary but once I figure out it was anxiety it was extremely annoying!

unsure_about_this
22-10-16, 17:53
Dentist would probably be able to tell you if had something wrong with your tongue.