PDA

View Full Version : Blood in saliva usually in the morning

Ayutthaya11
22-10-16, 21:18
Hi there,

For the past 3 years I have been waking up with severe dry mouth and drinking litres of water per day to combat this (I drink alcohol a few times per week to excess too).

10 months ago while waking up in the morning, going to the toilet while standing over it I would purposely try to produce saliva and out of nowhere noticed bright red blood coming out when I spat it into the toilet. This went on and off for months, sometimes bright red and sometimes rusty blood. Also can happen during the day. After half a year it disappeared then last month started up again.

When it first started I saw my GP, went to a walk in centre and then hospital and they all put it down to possible gum disease without doing and proper tests. Dentist never mentioned it though. I took antidepressants for 13 years but recently stopped, quit alcohol 4 weeks ago and I still drink a hell of a lot of water ever day due to dry mouth and dehydration which seems to be going nowhere as I retain a lot. Any ideas please as every time I browse the web it keeps coming back to things like liver damage etc.

Regards,

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Also there is always this brown gue all over my dry lips when I wake up. Not sure is the bleeding is coming from the roof of my mouth