PDA

View Full Version : Hi

nidendra
23-10-16, 01:05
Hello everyone,

I just gladly found this place and thought I would join as I am suffering a lot of stress and anxiety lately. This looks a good place to find out about other peoples experiences and get advice.

It is a shame that stress/anxiety is just dismissed, or worse seen as some kind of weakness, when it is an illness and should be treated as such. The people closest to me are amazingly kind, understanding and wonderful. Outside of my closest company, people just don't understand what it feels like, so I have given up explaining as I just get labelled as a "drama queen", be told to "just get over it, we all have problems you know", or that whatever it is isn't worth being stressed about (maybe it's not, but for an anxious person it is).

I was free from anxiety for several years, some recent work/family issues have brought it back again. In the past I would cry, sob, feel scared, want to hide. I got therapy and it was amazing. My anxiety now manifests in physical symptoms, aches, pains, sometimes IBS, stomach pain/severe indigestion, and the most recent is vertigo (which has frightened the pants off of me). Doctors can never find anything physically wrong with me, which is a relief, but that doesn't stop anxiety manifesting in different parts of my body.

Anyway, I am so glad I found this site! Finding people with similar feelings/experiences is so supportive! Let us hold each other up!

venusbluejeans
23-10-16, 01:15
Hiya nidendra and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sam Winter
23-10-16, 08:38
Its wonderful to meet you Nidendra :)
I'm sorry to hear you're suffering again but NMP is a great place to find support and make some new friends, if you ever need to chat I'm available by email most days and I'll get back to you as soon as I can x

Bigboyuk
23-10-16, 10:13
Hi Ninendra Great that you have joined this brilliant forum :) I can fully understand what you are going thorugh and have been there myself and got the 'T' shirt and the DVD is worn out LOL I too will say if you want to Pm (think you have to have posted 10 times before it's activated!) now you are here there is no no need to go it alone :) Enjoy the forums Dave

nidendra
23-10-16, 10:24
Thank you everyone, I'm so pleased I found this place. I've been reading through some of the threads and knowing I'm not alone with these feelings is very comforting :)