PDA

View Full Version : Dr phobia

herbie73
23-10-16, 10:41
Hi all,

So I have had a few different ha issues, but in the past I have gone into a state of panic and rushed straight to the drs, however recently I have developed a phobia of going to the drs. I have had a ongoing issue for two years with spotting from my copper coil, I have spotted from day one but I am now scared that the spotting could be something more sinister, the rational side of me says its the coil but the ha side makes me think I have cervical or ovarian cancer. So now I am scared to go to the docs in case I have left it to late and I have some thing to advanced to treat, I am up to date with my smear test its not due until next may, but I am petrified to have it this time because of the spotting, also I have been diagnosed with ocd, if anyone could help that would be great.

Many thanx

Sherry
Xxxxc

DrIsMySecondHome
23-10-16, 12:49
Hi of course you need to see a doc but I will say I had a copper coil for a few months and it was awful. I bled very heavily and spotted most of the month!

herbie73
23-10-16, 13:23
How long did you hasve your IUD xx

DrIsMySecondHome
23-10-16, 15:09
I only had it about six months as it was making me miserable!

herbie73
23-10-16, 17:16
I have had this for 2 years and from the day it was put in I have not been the same, my ocd got worse, the spotting started, I have never had a problems with spotting before until I had this, it hasn't got any worse maybe a bit better but I still get it and its annoying and worrying, I did have a copper coil about 15 years ago and that didn't agree with me either I had that removed after 6 months, so I don't think it suits me, however I hasve convinced myself that I have something seriously wrong with me and now I am scared to see the Dr, I have spoken to them on the phone and they did say this is a side effect, but I still keep worrying.

Sherry xxx

DrIsMySecondHome
23-10-16, 18:08
It's a nightmare. I don't like any forms of contraception especially hormonal ones. I'm considering sterilisation in the next few years! I think it would be good to go and see doc or maybe have it removed and see how it goes? X