PDA

View Full Version : Tonsillar node bigger on one side...should I worry?

ScarletSpeedster
23-10-16, 17:59
Hey guys, I posted a while ago about having a larger node on my right side than my left - something which the nurse also confirmed, although she said not to worry about it after squashing around.

BUT, I still have a larger node, and now I have found a larger node on the same side below the ear, and beside my jaw which I have found out to be called the Tonsillar node. It is not visible when I sit/ stand normally, but when I move my jaw with my head to the side, it sticks out further than the one in the same place on the other side.

It feels hard (both sides), and not really what I would call palpable or squishy at all. No pain either.

Now I am making myself sick with worry over it. I have withheld on the prodding as best I can, but still check it probably more than I should be doing!

Ah! What do I do? I know the nurse found nothing of concern a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't the same place I was pointing at for her to inspect! Now I feel like I may have missed something horrible.

Any advice would be great - sorry for the posts all about this, again.

Carrie8484
23-10-16, 18:28
Could you see your Doctor rather than a nurse? He or she could reassure you

HarrietVanger
23-10-16, 18:38
I also have a larger node (back of the neck). It went up over a year ago and never went down. Blood tests came back ok.
Sometimes these things just happen! I know it's super difficult but stop feeling your node, it will only make it worse :).