PDA

View Full Version : Urination urgency

fishman65
23-10-16, 20:41
Off to see the GP tomorrow as I've noticed an urgency in my need to urinate for some time now. Obviously I've googled my symptoms and given myself the worst possible outcome. I'm 51 now and not getting any younger. I'm not usually given to health anxiety but I'll admit I'm scared.

hanshan
23-10-16, 20:57
Don't be scared - this is something GPs deal with every day, so you will be in good hands. Also, it's not just a men's health issue, as women can have the same symptoms.

Leah88
23-10-16, 22:26
Fishman I made my 29 year old hubby go to the go for this - he said 99% of the time ( for men of all ages) it's benign prostate something rather �� Just something that happens to men.

fishman65
23-10-16, 22:39
Many thanks to both of you for your kind words. My Dad, who is now 87, had surgery on an enlarged prostate when he was 81. However it's my bedtime and have to be at the doctor's by 9 20am.

ServerError
23-10-16, 22:49
Fishmanpa, I made my 29 year old hubby go to the go for this - he said 99% of the time ( for men of all ages) it's benign prostate something rather �� Just something that happens to men.

Think you got the wrong user.

Leah88
24-10-16, 09:07
Think you got the wrong user.

???

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Oh lol yes - just fixed it ��

fishman65
24-10-16, 22:47
I saw my GP, she has requested a PSA test which is used to detect prostate problems including cancer. I did say I'd been googling prostate cancer, so perhaps she is trying to reassure me. I can't really think of the alternative...

SLA
24-10-16, 22:52
You are of an age where it is natural to check for prostate cancer, so be thankful for that.

In fact, I'm surprised you're not automatically invited for a screening.

Best of luck. Relax, it's normal procedure.

fishman65
27-10-16, 18:43
After having the blood test on Tuesday and thinking no news is good news, I phoned the surgery today and they don't have a result because the blood sample has been lost. You couldn't make it up!! So I have to go again tomorrow.