PDA

View Full Version : me again - visual hallucination

helenhoo
24-10-16, 11:48
I am in SK now and i'm sure the light flickers in my bathroom. Only notice it out of corner of eye. Also, just stared across room and saw small flash of light on my jumper. Got me in a tizzy. As always i am worried about schiz and/or brain tumor. I do not want to feel this way.

Colicab85
24-10-16, 11:58
A lot of lights in houses flicker. Especially if they are tube or energy saving.

I often see flashes of light out the corner of my eye, in fact I think its a common symptom of Anxiety.

Honestly, if you had a tumour, after months of posting about it, you'd be very ill and like has been mentioned many times, you aren't schizophrenic. You wouldn't be able to question it if you were.

JosieLouise
24-10-16, 12:15
If you were visually hallucinating, it wouldn't only be the bathroom light that flickered. You'd be seeing it all the time.

Fishmanpa
24-10-16, 13:05
The hospital has a relaxation channel where it shows peaceful scenes and plays relaxing music. I had that on and my wife was watching the TV over the weekend.

There was a scene of blue sky with white puffy clouds floating by and she was staring at it and saw hearts. That's hallucinating.

Trying to maintain...

Positive thoughts

Carrie8484
24-10-16, 13:49
The hospital has a relaxation channel where it shows peaceful scenes and plays relaxing music. I had that on and my wife was watching the TV over the weekend.

There was a scene of blue sky with white puffy clouds floating by and she was staring at it and saw hearts. That's hallucinating.

Trying to maintain...

Positive thoughts

FMP - the gentleman who I knew who had encephalitis, he became very creative/artistic when he started to recover in hospital, and would often doodle and draw hearts in particular.

I wonder if your wife would want to draw/doodle during her 'good' moments. x

Fishmanpa
24-10-16, 14:51
FMP - the gentleman who I knew who had encephalitis, he became very creative/artistic when he started to recover in hospital, and would often doodle and draw hearts in particular.

I wonder if your wife would want to draw/doodle during her 'good' moments. x

Hi Carrie,

There have been a couple of occasions where my wife wanted to draw (she is/was an amazing artist anyway) but at this point, it's akin to a 2 year old's scribble. I have paper and pens for her there.

Trying to maintain...

Positive thoughts

brucealmighty
24-10-16, 17:04
I know it`s a totally different thing but I`ve known two people personally who`ve had quite severe strokes and in time their functions have come back almost to before they became ill so I hope and pray your wife can slowly come back to good health in time.

it must be incredibly hard for you so I hope you have some small signs that will encourage you and give you strength.

helenhoo
24-10-16, 22:52
Sorry to hear aboutt your wife FM

I am using phone in the dark room, looked into dark conrner and saw small light flash as i blinked/wiped tear (homesick already lol). Hallucination?

brucealmighty
24-10-16, 23:01
must be about 7am where you are how was the trip? has your boyfriend gone with you? hope you've settled in.

helenhoo
25-10-16, 00:17
Been up since 4.30, been here a few days and strughling to sleep. Could you please answer my above question? I i *still* have schizophrenia worries.

---------- Post added 25-10-16 at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was 24-10-16 at 23:08 ----------

Schizophrenia fear always creeps back and i am so scared i have early signs. Thought process random words phrases/overlapping. They are within my mind but i worry i AM hearing or will start to hear plus these potential hallucinations. Light flicker my bf said they do that here and he saw one lot AND the flash in tbe night is normal when looking at phone. I half expect to go into full physcosis and see faces morph and pixies talking to me.

KatiePink
25-10-16, 01:28
Been up since 4.30, been here a few days and strughling to sleep. Could you please answer my above question? I i *still* have schizophrenia worries.

---------- Post added 25-10-16 at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was 24-10-16 at 23:08 ----------

Schizophrenia fear always creeps back and i am so scared i have early signs. Thought process random words phrases/overlapping. They are within my mind but i worry i AM hearing or will start to hear plus these potential hallucinations. Light flicker my bf said they do that here and he saw one lot AND the flash in tbe night is normal when looking at phone. I half expect to go into full physcosis and see faces morph and pixies talking to me.

What's the weather like there Helen?

:blush:

Super_Freaked
25-10-16, 01:28
na your good friend, i see that shit out the corner of my eye sometimes too, it's just some weird thing with eyes and lights and sun spot type things, everyone gets that. If your Skizo you will prob see miniature friends in your room and things.

helenhoo
25-10-16, 05:15
Thanks for your replies; a starlight flash when blinking after rubbing eye and cry and using phone in dark is normal or hallucinations?

kerryann
25-10-16, 08:29
what are you hallucinating??? the flash of light???

helenhoo
25-10-16, 09:02
Yes! Few when I blinked into darkness after looking at phone

Gary A
25-10-16, 09:20
Yes! Few when I blinked into darkness after looking at phone

I read my phone in the dark all the time, that always happens, it's just your eyes adjusting to the change of light.

Perfectly normal.

helenhoo
25-10-16, 09:26
Like a star burst?

Gary A
25-10-16, 09:31
Like a star burst?

I don't know what that means.

Before this thread goes further and ends up in 200 odd posts consisting of you ignoring people and everyone shouting at each other, take a close look at how you respond when given advice or reassurance.

You claim a "flash of light" when blinking after using your phone in the dark. I tell you clearly and concisely that it's perfectly normal, it happens to me all the time and even explained why it happens.

You then make up a phrase (star burst), which to me either describes an exploding star or a chewy fruit flavoured sweet.

Why can't you at least try to accept that this is normal? I don't see the point in asking if you just do not care about the answer.

Colicab85
25-10-16, 10:21
All of these things are normal.

kerryann
25-10-16, 10:38
Star Burst used to be Opal Fruits made to make your mouth water!!!!

Phuzella
25-10-16, 12:24
Just.......stop.......OK. .......?

helenhoo
25-10-16, 12:34
Gary sorry to digrese but i meant like a 'dot' of light -the same for you?

MyNameIsTerry
25-10-16, 15:36
Star Burst used to be Opal Fruits made to make your mouth water!!!!

Absolutely!

Opal Fruits and I'm not forgetting Marathon bars either! Ruddy "progress" :D

pulisa
25-10-16, 16:59
Fresh with the taste of citrus

4 refreshing fruit flavours

Orange.....etc