PDA

View Full Version : I'm back and very sad :( MS / Burning skin

Gee
24-10-16, 21:51
So 3 years ago I had bad floaters in my eyes and burning skin, it panicked me and plagued me for quite a while - I went to the docs again and again. They finally agreed to give me a MRI and it came back clear ... the symptoms slowly went away.

I thought this was the end of it ....

Now I had a twitch in my eye for a couple weeks and it got me thinking again, then a weird feeling in my arm, I work out at the gym 6 times a week so I guess aches and trapped nerves and what not are not uncommon but the twitch bothered me, so I buy drops and wear my glasses and I went to the doctor - she's not all that helpful and tells me it's good my MRI was clear but MS does come and go. She need strength tests, looked at my eyes and all that and said she thinks it's nothing to worry about, that the arm was due to the gym and the way twitch stress or due to the fact I had dye eye/ wasn't wearing glasses. My eye twitch went today.

I saw my friend about my arm who put me back in alignment, arm feeling also gone today. I started feeling happier.

Flash back to Saturday eve I had about half hour of burning legs and that was stressful but I thought no it's anxiety you are ok.

After my elated feeling tonight... now BURNING THIGHS !! Just how it used to be! :( I was so so upset. Having a hot bath and I can't feel it but now, scared to get out!! I just feel at square one again :(

Do I have MS? I'm so scared :(

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Anyone? :(

KeeKee
24-10-16, 21:54
I've had burning thighs before, it's mainly when I get up from a seated position, but not always.

I would trust the GP

Gee
24-10-16, 22:26
Just started watching first dates and the guy had MS... my skin is burning more ... why is this happening to me, no one will listen all my family just trying to change the subject or ignore me

ServerError
24-10-16, 22:57
I get burning sensations. I wondered what it was and spoke to my doctor and we settled on anxiety. So anxiety can definitely cause these sensations. It's a condition of nervous stimulation, after all.

MS presents with quite a wide range of symptoms and there are several "types" of MS. However, I'm not sure a bout of warm feelings on the skin is much of a sign on its own. I've seen two people be diagnosed with MS - one is my mother and the other was my friend's mother. In neither case did they just bob off to the GP about a weird symptom. They had a number of things going on that ultimately broke them and saw them wind up very ill in hospital. Incidentally, both are still alive and active in their 60s.

I'm no expert on MS, but I think you need to realise that anxiety is a far more likely cause of your burning sensations than a relatively rare neurological illness.

Gee
24-10-16, 23:08
But I have had quite a few symptoms, the twitch, 5!3 floaters, the burning ... do you think an MRI being clear a few years ago is a good sign? I feel like everyone basically says how hard it is to diagnose and that uncertainty is so so stressful :(

ServerError
24-10-16, 23:12
An MRI being clear a few years ago is a good sign. And twitching is one of the most common anxiety symptoms. Eye floaters are something almost everyone gets eventually. Essentially, you have plenty of anxiety symptoms that you're attributing to something far worse. I can't diagnose you, but if your doctor isn't worried, neither should you be.

Gee
24-10-16, 23:17
The feeling after I got that burning tonight (when I felt perfectly fine) was such huge stress and I've felt on the verge of tears and like an elephant is sitting on my chest ever since .. I go on holiday next week and I've been looking forward to it for months .. I just don't get why everything had to happen again now after 3 years :(

ServerError
24-10-16, 23:23
It doesn't matter why. It's almost certainly just a bit of nervous stimulation or something benign going on biologically. As I said, it happens to me. I also suspected MS and got a clear MRI.

In truth, you only really have one choice right now, and that is to accept this is happening, realise it's probably nothing and that you've had a medical opinion, and just let it play out.

Gee
24-10-16, 23:35
Just find it so hard getting through a day feeling like this :(

I just wish someone could give me a def answer - no maybes or probably or most likely ...as someone this anxious, those words strike the fear of god into me :(

ServerError
24-10-16, 23:59
You'll be in for a miserable life waiting for certainty to arrive. The old maxim about death and taxes applies here. Still, you've seen a doctor who doesn't believe you have MS. That's about as close as certainty as you'll get in this world.

Josh1234
25-10-16, 02:49
Ask a doctor. We aren't doctors and can't tell you if you have MS. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

axolotl
25-10-16, 09:53
So 3 years ago I had bad floaters in my eyes and burning skin, it panicked me and plagued me for quite a while - I went to the docs again and again. They finally agreed to give me a MRI and it came back clear ... the symptoms slowly went away.

I thought this was the end of it ....

Now I had a twitch in my eye for a couple weeks and it got me thinking again, then a weird feeling in my arm, I work out at the gym 6 times a week so I guess aches and trapped nerves and what not are not uncommon but the twitch bothered me, so I buy drops and wear my glasses and I went to the doctor - she's not all that helpful and tells me it's good my MRI was clear but MS does come and go. She need strength tests, looked at my eyes and all that and said she thinks it's nothing to worry about, that the arm was due to the gym and the way twitch stress or due to the fact I had dye eye/ wasn't wearing glasses. My eye twitch went today.

I saw my friend about my arm who put me back in alignment, arm feeling also gone today. I started feeling happier.

Flash back to Saturday eve I had about half hour of burning legs and that was stressful but I thought no it's anxiety you are ok.

After my elated feeling tonight... now BURNING THIGHS !! Just how it used to be! :( I was so so upset. Having a hot bath and I can't feel it but now, scared to get out!! I just feel at square one again :(

Do I have MS? I'm so scared

We can't tell you if you have MS or not, only a doctor can do that. However I don't think you can to jump to any conclusions of that, especially as your GP doesn't sound concerned. It sounds like you have anxiety and do a lot of exercise, both can cause everything you mention.

I've had very bad MS fear through a bout of tingling and burning legs. Every night it felt like both legs were on fire, and I was sure there was something very wrong with me, but it eventually turned out to be purely anxiety-related.

Also MS attacks specific nerves, and if you have all-over body symptoms,or roaming symptoms (and don't forget your left thigh and right thigh are different parts of your body...) then it's unlikely to be nerve-related.