PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Emmaisworried
24-10-16, 22:35
Hi there,

I joined tonight after seeing the site recommended elsewhere on the internet.

I think I am suffering from anxiety caused by a couple of traumatic incidents in My life. I almost feel like a fraud because the outcomes both times have been good but both have been related to the health of my little girl. Once she suffered from anaphylaxis and the second time she had a brain haemorrhage. Since the first incident I think, On and off, I have suffered from anxiety. I've probably always been a worrier but normal worries are definitely amplified now and think that it's all linked. Now my symptoms make me worried about physical health issues too - health anxiety seems to be a by product of me experiencing traumas? I don't know to be honest. My little girl still has allergies and I think I always live in a state of worry about them. Never truly able to relax to b me honest and that can't be good. Since my little girls brain haemorrhage I struggle to fall asleep but sleep well once I do fall asleep. I eat well too...too much often! I joined the gym a few months back and I feel better when I go regularly. Due to circumstances I haven't been for a couple of weeks and I think that's impacted me too.

I am 34 with two kids age 6 and 3. I have a job that I love and think I do quite well at. It's stressful at times (understatement) but I cope well under pressure in work - though I do notice symptoms of my anxiety creeping in during normal stressful days in work. - while I don't feel anxiety as such, it seems that I have a physical reaction to stress now even when it's good stress or stress that is associated with a normal day in my job...not sure if that makes sense!

The reason I joined the site is to see if there are people experiencing similar to me and also to get some ideas on how best to work through this. I don't want to keep feeling this way.

Thanks!

venusbluejeans
24-10-16, 22:47
Hiya Emmaisworried and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
24-10-16, 22:50
HI EMMA!

You will find lots of people to talk to here, and hopefully, you'll start to feel better.

:welcome:

Emmaisworried
24-10-16, 22:54
Thank you! It's good to speak to people who are going theo This similar things and also to read things that I can identify with. Even doing this reduces my feelings of panic.