PDA

View Full Version : Leg lump

ElleNicole
24-10-16, 22:39
Hello! 3 weeks ago I noticed a pea sized lump on the muscle on my shin. It is not on the bone but off to the right on my right leg. It's a hard lump but it's moveable. It's under the skin but very superficial. Some days it's red some it's not and some days it hurts and some days it doesn't. My mom and husband have both told me It feels smaller since I found it but my anxiety is making me not believe them. 5 days after I found it I already had an appt with my gyno because of a 2nd miscarriage and he looked at it and said he doesn't think it's anything serious and just to watch it. My whole leg though hurts sometimes and I have found after I drive or sit for a long time my whole leg hurts. Anyone else experience anything like this? I'm convinced it's sarcoma

nhelen79
24-10-16, 22:53
oh my god, i'm going through the same exact thing. i'm waiting for 2 weeks to get my lump on top of the shin bone (just under the skin) removed because I can't do the "wait-n-watch" thing. In my case, after MRI, they think it's inflamed tissue. it feels hard but moveable as well. I also had a biopsy. it's too small and too close to the surface, so when the doctor took the biopsy, there wasn't enough cells to make accurate diagnosis. Biopsy result predicts fat necrosis in my case but it's not conclusive. However, the anxiety is driving me crazy with these depressing thoughts.

you can ask your doctor for an MRI to see what under the skin. It can tell whether it's mass or cyst or inflamed tissue. don't take X-Ray or Ultrasound. Since yours hurt and hot, it's likely a cyst.

ElleNicole
24-10-16, 23:04
Thank you for replying! My husband keeps telling me it's a cyst too but my crazy mind won't believe him. And my mom is a nurse and I still don't believe her. I wish I could just calm down about it. I am going to give it one more week. If anything it's gotten smaller or stayed the same.

nhelen79
24-10-16, 23:10
Don't you wish we can be logical like them? I even pushed for a quicker surgery date but the surgeon denied me because it is not classified as urgent

Sometimes cyst doesn't go down though. Imaging will give you peace of mind. You will be fine.

ElleNicole
04-11-16, 22:06
I made an appt for next week. The lump is so tiny and my mom said that if I have to try that hard to find it, its nothing. She is nurse, so I sort of believe her. lol I am afraid because it is so small they wont want to do anything and blow me off. How big is your lump?