PDA

View Full Version : HA worse as the sun goes down?

EKB
25-10-16, 00:18
Mornings are bad for me - my HA really acts up as I wake up. Which I understand to be cortisol being higher in the morning.

But, something that seems to be happening right now, is that my HA has been acting up as the sun goes down. I felt pretty good for most of the day today, and then just as I was getting ready to settle in for an evening of reading, I started to feel anxious about all the different sensations I was feeling. When I looked out the window, I realized it was sunset and daylight was slipping away.

Does anyone else find this? I know in cases like SAD the amount of light is a factor, but I haven't heard of sunset being a thing for anxiety sufferers.

Aleman200
25-10-16, 00:32
I think it's because at night we tend to think inwardly more. I get the same. When i settle in to do things at night or lay in bed my HA certainly picks up more.

EKB
25-10-16, 17:30
Good point! Yes, I had definitely left the non-stop distractions of work behind at that point, which means I'm in my own head way too much.

Kathryn313
25-10-16, 20:38
Always worse in the evenings, you can tell by the timings of my posts. I usually feel much better in the morning after a nights rest.

The only time mornings were worse for me was when I was losing weight and each morning I would 'feel' thinner!

SLA
25-10-16, 21:01
Quite simply... it's tiredness.

My daughter always gets a bit miserable when she's tired. We have this saying...

"It's OK to be tired."

When you are tired, the brain feels vulnerable, so starts looking out for threats more.

I've started doing a 10-minute meditation after work. Helps to get me over the line in the evening.

EKB
25-10-16, 21:36
Quite simply... it's tiredness.

My daughter always gets a bit miserable when she's tired. We have this saying...

"It's OK to be tired."

When you are tired, the brain feels vulnerable, so starts looking out for threats more.

I've started doing a 10-minute meditation after work. Helps to get me over the line in the evening.

I like that... it's OK to be tired.

I should try doing some meditation after work. In the anxious moment I try and let go of the thoughts and feelings, but it's always been reactive rather than proactive. I'll give that a try.