PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety has been horrendous the last week

GadGirl
25-10-16, 11:20
For about a week now my pulse seems to be super fasts and I'm back to constantly checking it again :-( my pulse at rest lying doing nothing even at night is sitting about 85-105 anytime I move a little or when I'm walking around it can easily jump right from 116-150 il freaking out that I'm going to have a heart attack or pass out, I also just found out I'm pregnant I'm 5 and a half weeks and it was unplanned and I won't be having the baby due to my mental health (please don't judge) so I don't know if it's. a mixture of hormones aswell as high anxiety :-(

SLA
27-10-16, 12:50
Having a heart attack isn't related to BPM. I've had an average heart-rate of 160 for two hours before. It's called exercise!

Stop checking your heart-rate. It's regulated by the medulla in the brain, and it has it all covered.

Your anxiety is causing the issues, not the heart-rate.

KeeKee
27-10-16, 13:18
Yes it could be a mixture of both. I wouldn't worry about your pulse rate (easier said than done) it's about the same rate as mine. The only time mine was what I would describe as 'calm' was when I was taking Propranolol and it was around 72bpm whilst in bed. Now I'm not taking anything and I'd say you're range is very similar to mine. If I've just ate a large meal my pulse goes really strong and fast, I try not to worry as I've read it is normal. My heart also sometimes pounds when I go from a sitting to standing position. You'll be fine.

As for your pregnancy I'm sorry you are dealing with such issues. I don't think anybody will judge you, it's not an easy decision to make and I have been in your position before myself.