PDA

View Full Version : Ye Old Brain Tumor Fears

evanc
25-10-16, 16:57
Hey guys,

I am a 29 year old male. I'm 6' 1" 260 lbs and caucasian. This has been going on 2.5 to 3 years. I live in Nashville, TN. I don't have great insurance and don't have a ton of money put back in savings and I am trying to buy a house next year. This is very stressful for me.

In June of 2014, I woke up three days in a row with a pretty moderate to severe headache. On the third day, having googled "morning headaches", I went to a clinic where they gave me prescription strength ibuprofen to take every 6 hours (600 mg). They said if it wasn't gone after 3 days, I needed to get an MRI or a CT. The headaches hung around for a while, but I had no insurance at all, and they gradually became less severe over the following two weeks.

Also during this time period, I had some sort of dissociative lightheadedness. After this, I frequently noticed VERY brief head pain associated with Valsalva maneuvres of any type. This was intermittent as was continued lightheadness. I actually had a couple of bouts of lightheadedness before June of 2014 as well. I can sometimes go months without noticing much of anything.

The reason I am bringing this all up now is that last Monday I actually experience what I can only associate with an aura. I haven't ever known what type of headaches I have but I've never had an aura before. It was terrifying. I saw the moving jagged lines, had blind spots in my vision, and my periphery became blurry. This happened at the gym so I washed my eyes, sat in the sauna and meditated for about 10 minutes, and then it was gone.

Today, I am feeling the moderate head pressure and dissociation again as I was yesterday. I want this to just be anxiety, and I know many of the symptoms can be caused by that. However I am somewhat afraid that this is a low-grade astrocytoma or something similar that is changing into a higher-grade tumor.

I have been experiencing quite a bit of stress recently with family, planning my future with my girlfriend, and work. But I'd like to know if any healthcare professional view this as particularly worrisome.

Please advise.

Mrschurchill
25-10-16, 17:33
Hi Evanc,

None of us are doctors here so can't tell you for definite whether or not you have said tumour.
My personal opinion is, that if you had a tumour for nearly 2 and half years you'd probably be very very ill.