PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Colon Cancer

AlexBogues
25-10-16, 18:53
Hello everyone, so I posted here a few months ago panicked about Pancreatic Cancer. Well my doctor worked well with me and we got tests done to show it wasn't. I ended up having an abdominal ultrasound to look at my liver and pancreas two months ago and everything was clear.

Though, the past month I have been noticing I still have the abdominal pain that made me fear it in the first place, and now I am also having pain on my right side where it feels like my liver is. I get random pains right on my ribs, around my right breast area, and under my right armpit.

On my left side I get the pain almost like flank pain. I have also been passing quite a bit of mucus with my stool but not noticeable blood. I developed a cough and the pain on my right make me think it has metastasized to my lung and or liver.

I saw a gastrologist and I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next Monday but I can't focus on work or anything. I am so afraid of dying after just getting married and having to go through chemo and living in a hospital and having my wife have to worry about me every day. I know it is rare at my age but I keep finding a lot of young people who seem to have had it even younger than 24!

ServerError
25-10-16, 19:11
If you want to find horror stories, you will. But the fact remains that colon cancer is very rare in young people. I'm sure your colonoscopy will give you the all-clear.

Have you and your doctor talked about IBS? It's an extremely common cause of persistent abdominal discomfort.

AlexBogues
25-10-16, 21:02
No I haven't but I am sure that could be a topic if the colonoscopy comes back clear. This pain in my abdomen has just been constant throughout my times of relaxation and my times of stress.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

The mucus for my stool has been starting to be a lot more and more white, the coughing has returned today and I am starting to get stronger pain.

I just want to know that my colonoscopy is going to be clear, I know there is no 100% guarantee that I won't have Colon Cancer but it is hard to think I don't have it.

SLA
25-10-16, 21:03
What's your diet like?

AlexBogues
25-10-16, 21:12
I have been cutting out lactose thinking maybe I am just lactose intolerant. Besides that pretty standards. I haven't had fast food in a while, I don't avoid wheat or anything. I eat vegetables and meat, and have been trying to eat healthier since I got married.

I guess I am also confused that if my diet was the problem why would I have pain and cramping on both sides of my abdomen.

AlexBogues
26-10-16, 18:48
I just found out that my grandfather had Colon Polyps when he was 60 which means I have a family history which puts me at a higher risk. This has got me a lot more scared about my colonoscopy on Monday.