PDA

View Full Version : Hate being like this

Chrisjcrook
25-10-16, 19:35
Hi all I had a relapse bout my health anxiety sick of being panicky worried etc bout my bowels once again Evan I know I am a long time ibs sufferer ever since I had cellulitis 4 years ago I been worried about my health had councilling which never work been avoiding medical programs and avoiding the stand up to cancer adverts and radio adverts I don't know what to do anymore just on my bed crying at the moment family keeps saying don't talk stupid other half keeps saying not this again got no one to turn to

SLA
25-10-16, 20:47
Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear youre going through a rough patch.

Any idea what triggered the relapse? I find that there is usually something you panic about that sets things off again.

Chrisjcrook
25-10-16, 21:04
It's daft but my foot is sore so I am thinking it's cellulitis again

SLA
25-10-16, 21:07
Have you seen a Doctor? You should get an appointment and mention all of your concerns.

sophemm
25-10-16, 21:22
Sorry to hear you're going through this :sad: health anxiety sucks doesn't it!

Have you tried explaining how you feel to your family? I think it really helps to have support from the people around you but they probably don't understand properly, it's hard for someone who hasn't experienced anxiety for themselves. I guess I'm lucky that my Dad has health anxiety too (his relates to an existing medical condition though) so him and my Mum are trying to help me through, but up until this weekend my partner didn't really understand and was getting frustrated with my doctor and hospital visits. Then I had a bad weekend and ended up pouring my heart out to him through tears and now he seems to be more understanding and is encouraging me to get the help I need.

If counselling didn't work and you're really struggling with things could medication be an option? You shouldn't have to feel like this. I hope you get the support you need.

Chrisjcrook
25-10-16, 21:34
Only problem with my docters is its a medical centre and there's 8 docters there and 4 times it was a different diagnosis which I nearly died due to the infection so I don't trust them. And I been on anti depressants before