PDA

View Full Version : Eyelid spasm

LE
26-10-16, 17:27
Hi

Please help me. I've been having various neuro symptoms.

When I close one eye and keep the other open the closed eyelid twitches and spasms. As though the muscle is weak. When I switch to the other eye the other one doesn't do this.

Anyone else?

ScaredMama
26-10-16, 18:16
I just tried it and mine does this too. I've also been having many neuro symptoms: involuntary muscles twitches, paresthesia, headaches behind my eyes. I go for an EMG Friday so hopefully that provides more clues for me.

EKB
26-10-16, 18:35
Mine does that all the time - it's one of the reasons I don't wear eyeliner on the top lid.

It's pretty normal.

LE
26-10-16, 18:43
I just tried it and mine does this too. I've also been having many neuro symptoms: involuntary muscles twitches, paresthesia, headaches behind my eyes. I go for an EMG Friday so hopefully that provides more clues for me.

Is it both your eyes that do it when you close one at a time? It's just my left eye.

What's an emg?

I have loss of sensation on same side of face near ear, ear fullness, dulled hearing, ringing in ear on and off. Also have droppier eyebrow on this side. Saw ent couple years ago when was just the ear fullness and face sensation. Diagnosed fluid in ear. It's never gone away. Now having the eye issues.

Good luck for Friday xx

Carnation
26-10-16, 19:07
Yes, I had this several times. Normally in times of high anxiety and stress.

It can not harm you, it does go away, it is very annoying, but don't give it too much attention. x

LE
26-10-16, 20:02
It only happens when I close the eye tho and look in the mirror? To me I'm worried about nerve weakness.

androidz
27-10-16, 00:07
This has been happening to me for 2 days. It hadn't happened for about 1 year and now it's back. Don't worry, it can be so many things. Tiredness, anxiety (most likely) or even dehydration/electrolyte imbalance.