PDA

View Full Version : Hurt foot at gym,stupid things going through head

Aimee1875
27-10-16, 01:11
So I recently joined the gym. Something I've always wanted to do as it's obviously good for you and saves me sitting around doing nothing and worrying sometimes when I could be exercising. I went this afternoon and tried different machines but never really done anything obvious to my ankle. After I have finished I noticed it niggling and by the time I got home it was sore. Me and friends were going back later for a class and it was sore on the way but managed to get through the class with no pain at all. It's quite sore to walk on now and I'm not sure if I've maybe bruised it or if it's my shoes or what. Basically I'm scared of an unnoticed fracture that could lead into problems like blood clots or something. Annoyed as this is meant to be something to combat my hypochondria but is now making me think of so many think that could go wrong! It's on the outside of my left foot,not under the foot but if you drew a life from your pinky toe down towards your ankle it's along there

Healthanxiouskitty
27-10-16, 02:21
IF it were a fracture, the only fracture I could see it being is a stress fracture. But even that is VERY far fetched considering you were able to complete a workout class with no pain. Stress fractures are extremely painful during exercise. The 3 times I've had stress fractures my orthopedic doctor basically told me if the stress fracture were to become a full break you'd 1.hear it (meaning hear the bone actually break) and 2. Feel it. There would be absolutely no weight bearing on that foot. So you'd definitely not be able to complete that class with either a stress fracture or a complete fracture.

Since you were able to complete your workout with no pain, I'd say some type of muscle or tendon pain. Possibly because your muscles are not used to being used that vigorously.