PDA

View Full Version : sort of new

Wjason
27-10-16, 10:01
Hi, Ive been viewing this forum for years, so I thought it was time to post as im finding life a bit difficult at the moment.. ive found peoples post inspiring and its somewhere ive come for reassurance in the past. Ive found it quite difficult speaking about my problems in the past which in turn ive suffered in silence for. im hoping to get my life back on track, although im struggling at the moment due to change..

venusbluejeans
27-10-16, 10:10
Hiya Wjason and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
27-10-16, 10:24
Hi Jason

Share your problems with us. There's plenty of people here with experience who are willing to listen.

Also Jason

Wjason
27-10-16, 10:42
Thanks.. Ive had major anxiety issues from a youngster, back then it wasn't as well known about then and people including my parents thought i was just 'playing up' I was forced to go places and do things that scared the hell out of me which i always chose the flight option. up untill recently i had been doing well and was leading some what of a normal life... I was working away from home allot meaning my girlfriend was 5 hours from me and family were 3 and a half... i couldnt take it anymore and chose to make up a lie to my then current employers just to get some breathing space.. since then everything has spiralled out of control. Im finding it hard to find a job close to my girlfriend just because im anxious of change... ive had several job offers but mentally couldnt go a head with them.. im back taking beta blockers which before helped allot... but this time its my head thats confusing me and telling me to get on that airplane once again and run away....

SLA
27-10-16, 11:14
Oh yes coping with change... that eternal problem. :D

It never goes away, because things always change. But you are in control of change if you want to be.

It sounds like you don't like being out of your comfort zone. When you get stuck in that mindset, you stop thriving in life, because you put up barriers and block yourself in.

This is obvious, because you say you want to get on a plane and avoid all of the anxieties.

That's not going to work. You avoid the anxiety, but you also avoid life.

If you'd have accepted one of the jobs, it would have been stressful for two weeks while you adjust. But by now, you'd be feeling a lot better and would have a better life as a result.

I did a video on Embracing Change (http://bit.ly/2f897i8) last Sunday! Click here to watch. (http://bit.ly/2f897i8)

I'm going through a major life change, and it has taught me a lot about anxiety, so I am doing some video logs on my progress to rebuild my life.

Your anxiety is ruling your life. Take back control.