PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour worry - please reply!!!!

Ljthompson10
27-10-16, 11:06
Hi everyone - I am overcoming my health anxiety and need some reassurance in order to help me.

About a 7 weeks ago I started having mild daily headaches and was terrified I had a brain tumour. I also had terrible health anxiety which was horrible. I had classic anxiety symptoms such as dizziness and drowsiness and derealisation etc. I had my eyes examined and all came back fine! I also saw my school nurse (who is amazing) and she said that I do not have a brain tumour and it's my anxiety that I need to deal with. This made me feel a lot better, however I then went on to worry about things such as ALS, heart attack, leukaemia, lymphoma etc. And my mind was taken off the brain tumour symptoms and the headaches began to go!!!!

However I have recently become fearful of them again as I have always had a LOT of floaters and only just started to notice them again and online it says floaters are a sign of brain tumours. But my eye test was 100% fine. I don't have headaches anymore and don't have seizures. I also am not nauseous and have not committed in years. However since I have stopped worrying about everything I have started to feel almost in a daze and a slight sense of derealisation again. But I think this is due to the fact my mind is not focused on anything for once!!!!

So if you read all of this please give me reassurance that I don't have a brain tumour!!!!!

And also would I know if I had a seizure because I get occasional muscle twitches!?!?

Also how to deal with feeling in a daze and almost a sense of derealisation?

Thank you and PLEASE give reassurance?!?! :doh:

Ljthompson10
27-10-16, 12:32
Ok Thankyou very much :)

So can you safely say I don't have a brain tumour. Sounds silly I know. Aha

And what about the floaters??

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

????? :(

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Anyone??????

hanshan
27-10-16, 13:05
"'Online IT' says floaters are a sign of brain tumours"! Who is this "Online IT" who knows all about brain tumours? I imagine 50% or more of the population have floaters - that's an awful lot of brain tumours!

As for reassurance, people on NMP can and will reassure you that you don't have a serious illness, but it's really no more than you could find yourself online, if you weren't secretly trying to scare yourself out of your wits.

Reassurance is a temporary release from health anxiety, a "one-day free pass", if you like, but not a cure. You can keep asking for one-day free reassurance passes for a year, but the health anxiety will keep returning until you take serious steps to deal with it.

Ljthompson10
27-10-16, 13:08
Is it obvious I don't have a brain tumour then

Ot is it not :(

No one is saying it's clear I don't have one but I thought it would be :((((

Ljthompson10
27-10-16, 13:16
Oh my.

I think you guys think I have a tumour... :'(

Ljthompson10
27-10-16, 13:22
Ok - Thankyou.

Wouldn't I be very ill anyway as I was worried about this 7 weeks ago and they went away but now for some reason they are coming back aha.

I don't even have 1 symptom linked to a brain tumour though do I?

I have no headaches
No nausea
No vomiting
No seizures
No ill feeling
Good vision
And I'm not at all drowsy!!??

Should innit even worry?:(

Ljthompson10
27-10-16, 13:31
Yes - I'm 17

And I understand.

I appreciate the info and your great advice.

It's hard to deal with the old health anxiety isn't it :unsure:

hanshan
27-10-16, 13:50
I'm always interested when I see people who use the ":(" symbol.

It's like a challenge. It says "Being sad and scared is the real me. You can say whatever you like! I'll just whack it out of the ground for six like a Twenty-20 batsman!"

Ljthompson10
27-10-16, 14:17
Can you please not spread so much negativity :(

hanshan
27-10-16, 14:54
No worries : -) Is being sad and scared the real you?