PDA

View Full Version : Heartbeat

Katiewest
27-10-16, 14:22
I feel as if my heart is beating really slow or not beating at all :weep: I go into panic mode and have to constantly check my pulse! I seriously think I have something medically wrong with me. I just wanted to know if this is normal, if I'm the only one that feels like this :weep:

Colin44
27-10-16, 14:26
I feel as if my heart is beating really slow or not beating at all :weep: I go into panic mode and have to constantly check my pulse! I seriously think I have something medically wrong with me. I just wanted to know if this is normal, if I'm the only one that feels like this :weep:

I'm constantly aware of my heartbeat when my anxiety and panic peaks, I try to ignore it but if its going quicker even by a little it can cause me to go full meltdown.

Its probably more common than you think.

SLA
27-10-16, 14:29
It's not normal to feel like that no. People DO worry about their heart-rate, but have no reason to.

There is a part of the brain called the medulla that controls your heartrate. You have no direct control over it, and never will.

Your anxiety and panic has made you hypersensitive, and now you are focussing on it.

I couldn't tell you what my heartrate is at the moment, and there is no need to know.

Colin44
27-10-16, 15:51
It's not normal to feel like that no. People DO worry about their heart-rate, but have no reason to.

There is a part of the brain called the medulla that controls your heartrate. You have no direct control over it, and never will.

Your anxiety and panic has made you hypersensitive, and now you are focussing on it.

I couldn't tell you what my heartrate is at the moment, and there is no need to know.

The medulla? Every day is a school day.

I thought my breathing to an extent can help set the pace, well calm it down when I'm panicking.

SLA
27-10-16, 16:15
You are controlling the panic by focusing on your breathing, which in turn lowers your heart-rate.

You don't have direct control at any point.