PDA

View Full Version : Swaying like on a boat, dropping sensations, eye floaters, ringing in the ears?

IrishMonkey92
27-10-16, 17:38
Does anyone know if these symptoms are anxiety or something else?

If so, does anyone know who has cured themselves of it?

Carnation
27-10-16, 18:17
Yes, unfortunately they are.

It's easier to say what is not a symptom as there are so many. :(

brucealmighty
27-10-16, 19:11
carnation is right, but f you`re prone to ear infections it can cross over and really cause some upset. I am lucky in that I never get chest infections but a bad cold always causes me balance problems, head rushes, eyes feeling overly watery etc so I have to be on my guard not to panic when the symptoms all land on me.

if you want to rule out inner ear problems etc you can ask your gp to refer you for tilt tests at hospital where they will check your eyes for their reactions when you are moved around, hold your balance, march on spot and so on, to rule out anything serious

its very unsettling but try to sit or stand nice and still and get yourself steady, take your time and gently accept that anxiety is like a master of disguise at times and can really send you into a spin

usagi_x
27-10-16, 22:02
I get swaying too. Worth getting your ears checked, mine are clogged with wax!

Mermaid16
28-10-16, 03:22
The swaying like on a boat, sounds like vertigo, which can be caused by a middle ear infection. You would know if it is a middle ear infection because your ear/ears would feel blocked. I have had one before and it was horrible. The vertigo would be so bad it would make me vomit. There isn't a lot you can do if it is a middle ear infection, except wait it out. In my case it took a couple of months to fix itself. It could also be caused from anxiety. I guess if you are unsure, maybe get your ears checked by a gp.