PDA

View Full Version : Sharp, Stabbing Headaches, not freaked out, but curious

lofwyr
27-10-16, 18:02
So, I don't dare google anything health related, but have a question for folks.

I have had these in the past, but my wife is on day two of them, and they are plaguing her badly, so I am curious if there is anything she can do (or I, the next time they come around).

Anyway, it is those sharp, stabbing head aches that are very localized. They are in one spot on your head, they come out of no where, last for seconds, then vanish again, only to come back randomly. I have had it go on for a few days off and on. I know they have a name, but cannot recall it, and obviously stay away from google and health issues (no sense in making a mountain out of a mole hill). Neither of us suffer from them that often, or for all that long, but she is on day two of this, and if there is something to be done, I figured one of you guys might have a clue. She seems very sensitive to them this time, for whateever reason.

Again, not worried at all--I know it is a benign thing--but without google, not sure how to ask without discovering new and wonderful worries about strokes and tumors.

Thanks!

evanc
28-10-16, 15:48
These are called ice pick headaches. Do they occur randomly or when doing something?

KeeKee
28-10-16, 16:12
I have these too and like evanc I have read they are called Ice Pick headaches. They are the only form of headache I get (excluding when I've got a cold of course).

I've never found any way to treat them and as they only last seconds I don't bother with pain killers. Hopefully somebody else will have more info on them