PDA

View Full Version : feeling hungry all of the time, even after a big meal?

little.miss.worry
27-10-16, 19:36
Hello, i've had this on and off for a few years now. I can have a massive meal which should fill me up but i'll still feel hungry! The last time I had this was months back and then it just goes.

Every time I have it though, I worry about it! I don't know if it's anxiety. It's definitely NOT diabetes as I had a test about 2 months back and this issue has been on and off for years. It comes and goes all of the time. I've never brought up this issue with the doctor before just because I forget about it eventually then it comes back and i'm like owhh :(

Has anyone had any similar experiences?

KeeKee
27-10-16, 19:44
This is me I've even mentioned it in therapy recently. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night starving too. I've never thought anything of it really, other than the fact I'm scared I'll gain weight due to how much I eat. I'm sure stress/anxiety etc can cause hunger though.

little.miss.worry
27-10-16, 19:46
This is me I've even mentioned it in therapy recently. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night starving too. I've never thought anything of it really, other than the fact I'm scared I'll gain weight due to how much I eat. I'm sure stress/anxiety etc can cause hunger though.

That's what i'm scared about also! because when i feel like this i can eat and eat and eat and then it's like oh my god, i'm gonna put on so much weight. It's so strange! But it surely must be something to do with anxiety

skymaid
27-10-16, 22:40
anxiety burns through calories like there no tomorrow I regularly have to eat endless snacks too. never put on much weight though

countrygirl
28-10-16, 11:55
I normally have huge problems losing weight due to thyroid disorder and it has taken me 2 years to lose 3 stones but if I have an acute anxiety attack and don't sleep for a few nights I lose weight fine because all that anxiety uses up the calories as had been said. OF course once the acute anxiety has passed it comes back!

I have also found that eating fast carbohydrates like bread/cake etc makes me feel hungry really quick. A meal of say jacket potato etc even if I am stuffed at the time means that I will be starving a hour later, pasta and rice have the same effect on me.

little.miss.worry
28-10-16, 16:16
Thank you all for the replies, it's greatly appreciated!

I went to see the doctor today because it was somewhat bothering me so I went and it turns out it could potentially be acid reflux! So I've been given some tablets to take in the mornings. I never realised until now but it does add up. I keep having a burning sensation in my throat and chest, sometimes processed food comes back up (which may I add is the most disgusting thing ever) I'm always feeling sick.

So I'll have to see how I go with these tablets!

KeeKee
28-10-16, 16:23
I hope they work for you. I know how irritating that hunger feeling can be when you know you shouldn't really be hungry