PDA

View Full Version : Numb feeling and palpitations/twitching in upper back

lifeofbrian
28-10-16, 04:24
It's a feeling I can't shake. It's right between in the center of the upper back between the shoulder blades. It's been plaguing me for a couple of weeks now, anxiety is through the roof. Was greatly improved today, but then in the evening came back hard, can't stop concentrating on it.

ElectricAlice
01-03-17, 22:32
Do you get numbness on your skin on your back? Because I have this! Also I've had palpations - they're really common in anxiety. A healthy heart actually skips beats and has palpitations more often than we think but anxiety sufferers zone in on it, thus causing more adrenaline and therefore more palpitations. I honestly had this for months and months and the only thing that stopped it happening was accepting the symptoms and not worrying. (Easier said than done I know) I even had a heart monitor I had to wear and when wearing it didn't have even one skipped beat episode (how weird that I must have relaxed knowing the monitor would catch the skipped beats) There's a great book called 'self help for the nerves' by Claire weaks. It has a fantastic section on heart palpitations and I would hugely recommend it!