PDA

View Full Version : Im Agoraphobic Get Me Out Of Here!!!

littlevoice70
28-10-16, 17:35
Hello, i have been housebound for nearly 9 years now and i'm sick of it! if that makes sense? I have suffered with anxiety all my life until it finally got the better of me in 2007. I thought i knew what fear and panic was until my panics had an upgrade to off the scale unmanageable! I have been fear monitoring ever since in the comfort of my prison which used to be my home?!!. I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, borderline, ocd, avoidant, dependant, severe agoraphobia and depression. I decided to join No More Panic because i am so lonely now my kids have recently flown the nest. I have basically had enough of this life and want to change it by moving house in hope that by taking away this 9 year old stagnant security blanket it will give me a long overdue kick up the backside!:scared15:

venusbluejeans
28-10-16, 17:45
Hiya littlevoice70 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

cjemc
28-10-16, 17:58
Hello, i have been housebound for nearly 9 years now and i'm sick of it! if that makes sense? I have suffered with anxiety all my life until it finally got the better of me in 2007. I thought i knew what fear and panic was until my panics had an upgrade to off the scale unmanageable! I have been fear monitoring ever since in the comfort of my prison which used to be my home?!!. I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, borderline, ocd, avoidant, dependant, severe agoraphobia and depression. I decided to join No More Panic because i am so lonely now my kids have recently flown the nest. I have basically had enough of this life and want to change it by moving house in hope that by taking away this 9 year old stagnant security blanket it will give me a long overdue kick up the backside!:scared15:

Hi what causes your agoraphobia?

skymaid
28-10-16, 18:07
Great thread title lol.

:welcome:

I have mild agoraphobia took for about 3-4 months and i'm already sick of it so you have my deepest sympathies. Hopefully you'll find some help for it soon.

Sookie xx
04-11-16, 13:33
Hey sweetie :) I suffered from severe agrophobia for 5 years and my home became my safety net and also my prison.. the way I changed this around 5 years ago was baby steps... I would go to my front gate and actually get excited about it...haha.. I changed my state of mind on how I was feeling.. I laugh about it now as I must have looked so funny.. I picked sunny days and just moved a little further each time always to a point where I was still smiling inside and at other people.. then I would turn around and go back home and pat myself on the back.. I changed being out as a happy feel good experience never punishing myself for it being such small steps but positives that at least I was putting one step at a time and gaining confidence... next step was getting a taxi to the shops.. or going for a coffee and coming straight back again...haha.. you can break out... and it feels good... sending you big hugs as I know where you are..x