PDA

View Full Version : pip for agoraphobia and then moving house

littlevoice70
28-10-16, 18:20
Hi i have searched and searched online for some information on getting pip for agoraphobia and then moving house Basically i get the highest rate of the daily living component of pip and the lowest of the other. I have recently been awarded it for another 5 years to aid recovery, as i have been housebound for nearly 9 years with agoraphobia. I also have GAD, OCD, and other personality disorders. Recently my daughter has moved out of the family home and i need to downsize to a smaller property but if i did this and it would be with extreme difficulty and increased medication would i lose my pip that i get for NOT being able to leave the house? My psychicatrist said that i wouldn't because my mental health issues wouldn't have changed, just my address. i would just be agoraphobic in a different house, but i'm not sure and i'm worried that they will see it as being able to leave the house and stop or reduce or shorten the award and i cant have this happen as i need this award to aid my recovery. Has anyone been in this situation who can help me? It's hard enough thinking that i have to leave this house that has been my safe zone for 9 years let alone potentionally having my pip cut or stopped as well. :scared15: