PDA

View Full Version : Mirt suicidal thoughts anyone?

Ojmit
28-10-16, 20:11
Hi all.....been on 45mg Mirt for 7 weeks now.....for anxiety and depression. I'm having massive morning panic attacks and huge suicidal thoughts daily. Taking 2mg of diazepam twice a day. Usually feel a bit better towards evening. Genuinely beginning to think that the Mirt might be worsening my situation - but forced myself to take today's dose. Anyone had any similar experiences? Got an appointment with psychiatrist on Thursday. Cheers all

Shazamataz
28-10-16, 21:25
Hi there, I started Mirt (30 mg) in March after having a hard time starting on SSRIs. I had been severely anxious and it was making me depressed. I found it helped a bit and made some progress but by June I was a basket case again with the anxiety and psych insisted I had to try venlafaxine (on top of the mirt). It made a huge difference fairly quickly. Now I'm in the process of tapering off the mirt.

I don't think it's really designed for anxiety (more for depression) and I've put on 10kg since starting it as can't stop eating in the evenings!

I hope you get some relief soon, maybe a med switch is what you need?

Ojmit
29-10-16, 19:47
Cheers for your thoughts.... I tried venlafaxine about 8 weeks ago....only took two pills and had the most severe panic attack that I refused to take any more. Since then been on Mirt, propranolol and diazepam. Less suicidal thoughts today. Anxiety manageable and, for today, I can actually feel and see some improvement. I agree with the raging appetite - piling on the weight but for now a trade off I'm wiling to accept.

Tony52
29-10-16, 20:15
Hi Ojmit, I'm having a hard time on Mirt as well and just don't seem to be getting any better.
On 15mg at the moment but have been on lower dose 7.5 mg and higher dose 30mg at different times but will see GP next week to try and see what the best thing to do will be.
I just don't feel the same person anymore and everyday life is a real struggle, even though I am retired from work.
Haven't felt even 50% my normal self for about 4 months now.
Had that feeling before with the different AD meds but this is starting to feel really bad.

Ojmit
01-11-16, 17:32
Hey Tony.....thanks for your reply. I am the last person to give advice but.....during my last crisis I liaised with the crisis team who got in touch with my GP to make sure he prescribed Diazepam. I know the horror stories around Diaz but it has been a life saver over the last four weeks. I feel things are getting a little better but it's a long long road with many ups and downs. I have also got an app on my phone called Headspace. That has also helped. Also, Noah Elkrief on YouTube has been helpful. Stay strong mate, you're not alone.