PDA

View Full Version : Update. Been to doctors.

katyfitz
29-10-16, 10:26
So after Thursday when I freaked myself out that I was bleeding internally due to my black stool and googling I hit rock bottom and needed to take myself to the dr. I did have black pudding the day before I pooed black twice. I saw someone completely new and she took her time with me understanding how anxious I was. Anyway after explaining my symptoms to her she said she's 99% sure I've got ibs, he felt my stomach and it was absolutely fine. My blood pressure was slightly high but she said to me that if I was internally bleeding my blood pressure would be very low. Anyway was sent for blood tests to rule out Celiac disease, my iron, Thyroid and liver and kidneys. I'm now dreading getting that call to say they've be found something sinister and I need to get rushed in to hospital. I'm trying to focus on the fact she didn't feel anything odd in my stomach nor was my blood pressure low. My stooos are brown, but dark but not black. Is that normal. I've now become obsessed with checking what colour they are 😩. I'm so tired.

Thanks or reading

Mercime
29-10-16, 11:25
Black pudding is made with blood Katy, no wonder your stool was black, it's also fatty so wouldn't digest too well. Your stools are fine, your blood pressure is fine, IBS can cause food to pass through quicker than normal, hence the ingredients causing black poo.

No reason to suspect anything sinister at all x

axolotl
29-10-16, 15:35
You've basically got a clean bill there, the tests are just there to dot the I's, cross the T's and cover all bases so you can be signed off. Docs don't say things are probably fine if they have any suspicions they're not.

katyfitz
29-10-16, 16:02
Just keep thinking something's going to come back bad. I feel a bit lightheaded and apparently internal bleeding causes that. I'm exhausted and just want an answer