PDA

View Full Version : Hi New, Melanoma

Katherinehsp
29-10-16, 23:57
So this summer I noticed like a bruise or a stain under my nail on my toe. I wasn't worried and thought it was a bruise. But after a few months when nothing went away I went to google and found out that this can be melanoma. That melanoma under your toe can look like a bruise.

I went to the derm and she hardly did anything but look at it and she wanted a biopsy. But the hitch was that a nail bed biopsy requires ripping out the nail. Not only that but there is a risk the nail will never grow back or, back right. And also it is extremely painful and will likely require me to be down like a week. And with a special shoe for a month.

The problem is I have to be at work for the next month. If it was *FOR SURE* that I had cancer I could justify taking time off but for a test which could turn up nothing? I can't do that. Plus I don't want to deform myself for a test which could turn up nothing.

So I decided to get a second opinion but I cannot get into see a derm for 45 days. Until December 15th.

I am freaking out. 45 days where this can continue to grow.