PDA

View Full Version : Fitness. Keeping Busy. Sites to recommend?

smoothiefun
30-10-16, 14:21
Exercise. It's my best therapy as well as keeping busy and accupied. What about you? What to do when you have tried medication but it never helped and tried therapy. My ocd as well as anxiety makes my choices irrational and not always the best. I really don't know where to go from here. I guess there isn't really an answer. Best thing for me is exercise but with famoly. Work i can't do it as much as i would like. Any other sites out there you can recommend? Many thanks

Aaronoid
30-10-16, 19:40
I would look at fitness blender on YouTube. They have lots of free workouts for various levels of fitness and you can do them at home.

ana
30-10-16, 21:35
Fitness Blender are amazing. You could also look up Jessica Smith on YouTube

Chocolateface
30-10-16, 21:44
I joined a running club which has loads of benefits. I get out twice a week for me, not work, not kids not hubby but me and I love that me time. I have met new people and found that everyone has anxiety sometimes, and I am losing weight and getting fitter. Oh anf I havealso ran my first ever half marathon which is something I never thought I could do

Clare

MyNameIsTerry
31-10-16, 05:36
I joined a running club which has loads of benefits. I get out twice a week for me, not work, not kids not hubby but me and I love that me time. I have met new people and found that everyone has anxiety sometimes, and I am losing weight and getting fitter. Oh anf I havealso ran my first ever half marathon which is something I never thought I could do

Clare

Well done, Clare!!! :yesyes::yahoo:

smoothiefun
31-10-16, 22:04
:) thank you for your suggestion Ana i am going to look them up @ana

Brilliant therapy Clare and happy you do something you love thats also has all those benefits for you. I think a healthy body can help towards a healthy mind @chocolateface.

ana
01-11-16, 05:50
No problem. I work out 5 times a week to Fitness Blender workouts,and I'm very pleased with the quality of the workouts. On their website (they've also got a YouTube channel),you can search workouts by difficulty level,duration,number of calories burnt etc.

smoothiefun
01-11-16, 21:56
Just had a quick look ana and i am going to look at the you tube videos also. I generally do weightsbut want to increase cardio so this could help. It really does help the mind. Thanks @ana

ana
02-11-16, 06:17
I'm pleased I could help. Hope you enjoy the workouts:)

SLA
02-11-16, 08:23
Are you on Strava? Its a free running/cycling app that connects you with communities and people in your area. You can monitor your progress and set goals etc.

Strava was my obsession last year whilst trying to cycle 2015 mies.

Met loads of great people on there. Will be back on there once I get myself sorted.

MyNameIsTerry
02-11-16, 08:30
Strava was my obsession last year whilst trying to cycle 2015 mies.

You must have thighs that make Chris Hoy jealous!!! http://www.bestemoticon.com/smiley/sport/spor11.gif