PDA

View Full Version : back again gutted

tracieann
30-10-16, 16:00
Have fought a thirteen year battle with HA several lots of cbt joined church for comfort and faith but now at 53 years of age here I am again do have some health problems but more and more thinking about dying and terminal illness main thing is had a cough cold for five weeks keep thinking it's lung cancer today I went dizzy twice so scared it's spread to brain either that or bowel cancer or pancreatic just feel doomed horrible sense of impending doom please help

KeeKee
30-10-16, 16:09
Are you run down? Sounds like you could be. We all know that feeling of doom and it's utterly horrendous.
If you've had a cold for 5 weeks I'd probably go to the doctors just to check it isn't an infection or anything but I wouldn't worry about anything sinister. (although I know that's immensely hard to do).

tracieann
30-10-16, 16:17
IfI've got barretts oesophagus ibs fibromyalgia and borderline diabetes but I work in a hospital and coughs and sneezes do go around my doc said if coughing at 6 to 8 weeks chest x Ray my mum died of lung cancer but smoked all her life my stomach is adjusting.g to wholemeal stuff for blood sugar but wonder why dizziness had my eyes tested would they have seen anything thank you keekee

Mummytofour
30-10-16, 19:42
Hi, maybe just a chest infection and need some antibiotics. The dizziness could be down to the anxiety that your going through. I know how you feel though as I suffer from health anxiety too and I am worrying myself sick everyday at the moment with thoughts of things I may or may not get one day. It's tiring isn't it?. If your really worried go and see your gp and mention the dizziness as well. I know if I am very anxious that I get dizzy spells too x

tracieann
30-10-16, 20:02
Thanks for your reply mummytofour I appreciate it cough is a bit better not coughing as much more than anything it's the horrendous feelings of impending doom I have worried over so many years gynae bone breast bladder brain lots of different ones I worry that I'm gonna lose in the end but anxiety is hellish

skymaid
30-10-16, 20:24
the problem is no amount of reassurance is ever going to really get rid of HA.

hopefully you can remember some of the cbt techniques and challenge/relabel the thoughts about illnesses.

you almost certainty don't have any of these illness (if you did you would cope anyway). So it's actually just the thought of them thats bothering you.

tracieann
30-10-16, 21:23
Thank you skymaid but it's hard when the body has symptoms harder still to try and say they are mostly psychosomatic but I do feel weak and a bit drained too which won't help but the gloomy feelings I keep having make me think a nasty diagnosis is round the corner

tracieann
02-11-16, 19:03
Oh my bowel is really bad horrible loose poo and awful low down stomach ache after eating noisy and sure it was red but ate beets yesterday so don't know feel scared of bowel cancer

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

Very low and anxious really bad loose poo and terrible low down abdominal pain diagnosed with ibs fifteen years ago but this is something different scared

Mercime
02-11-16, 21:40
Could it be change of diet?