PDA

View Full Version : Worries sick about HIV 😔

NathanLee
31-10-16, 01:42
Hi guys,

So a bit of background about me, I suffer from generalised anxiety and pretty bad HA. I've come along way since being diagnosed around 4 years ago where it was at its peak.

Anyway...

I'm currently worried sick about having HIV. I tested positive to chlamydia around 4-6 weeks ago (trust me I'm not as much of a player as you might think) which I must have picked up from a past partner that I had unprotected sex with. I was prescribed a course or antibiotics for that and it has (hopefully) passed.

I have for some time also noticed some white pin head spots on the base and shaft of my penis which I'm fairly confident are Molluscum Contagious (yes I googled that. And yes I'm aware I shouldn't be googling).

My question is...is it possible to have two std at the same time and does it mean I have something much more sinister like HIV. I can't stop thinking that I have something much more crazy like HIV. Literally worried sick. I can feel all the symptoms of anxiety returning as they used to 4-5 years ago.

This is all very depressing for me as I live a very healthy lifestyle i.e. exercise almost every day and eat very healthy. So it almost seems like its all for nothing. And again, it's not like I'm sleeping around with anyone and everyone. All my sexual partners have been partners bar some encounters on a European trip around 3-4 years ago where I used protection.

Any advice??

NancyW
31-10-16, 03:02
I'm just not sure you'll feel peace of mind over this unless you get tested.
How do you feel about that?

NathanLee
31-10-16, 03:35
I'm just not sure you'll feel peace of mind over this unless you get tested.
How do you feel about that?

I don't mind so much getting tested, despite the fact I have a crazy needle phobia (ridiculous I know).

James1983
31-10-16, 04:03
obviously you've gone to have injections etc before are you able to stand it or is your anxiety so bad that you cant go through with them?

NathanLee
31-10-16, 04:37
obviously you've gone to have injections etc before are you able to stand it or is your anxiety so bad that you cant go through with them?

Yes I certainly had injections in the past, but here is the crazy part...I haven't had a blood test specifically since I can remember!

I would describe the anxiety as pretty horrible right now. Almost like a fear of both the injection and the fear of finding out if I'm HIV positive combined.

It's really debilitating, I can't even concentrate and I'm at work 😞

James1983
31-10-16, 04:51
stay positive think how good the end result could be? you'd know one way or the other. what i'm trying to say is imagine the relief of knowing that you haven't got it which I don't think you have. the only way to know for sure is having this blood test to set your mind at ease. just think you'll have jumped too hurdles. think of the potential positive.

if it was me id over come the lesser fear to try and defeat the greater one

hope this is some comfort to you.

NathanLee
31-10-16, 04:57
stay positive think how good the end result could be? you'd know one way or the other. what i'm trying to say is imagine the relief of knowing that you haven't got it which I don't think you have. the only way to know for sure is having this blood test to set your mind at ease. just think you'll have jumped too hurdles. think of the potential positive.

if it was me id over come the lesser fear to try and defeat the greater one

hope this is some comfort to you.

Well...that's if you could call my needle phobia the lesser fear haha I'm not certain you understand how much they freak me out!

But certainly the fear of having a sinister illness is much worse. I just seriously pray I don't have HIV based on the fact I have two std...geez it's embarrassing even saying that.

Thank you your advice is very helpful.

James1983
31-10-16, 05:05
sorry I used my own analysis there over the worst of the 2 would having a friend with you make it any easier?

NathanLee
31-10-16, 05:16
sorry I used my own analysis there over the worst of the 2 would having a friend with you make it any easier?

Great question, probably not due to embarrassment!

I just think it would be better having a good phleb.

This HA is killing me. I'm literally convinced I have it 😔

Dave_Lister
01-11-16, 14:53
I don't mind so much getting tested, despite the fact I have a crazy needle phobia (ridiculous I know).

How long has it been since your last exposure? Would an Oraquick test work for you?

Also, most cities have a rapid test available where they can prick your finger, and give you the results there on the spot.

Bigboyuk
02-11-16, 10:39
Hi NatrhanLee In answer to your question you can have 2 or more different STD's at the same time!
I too don't like needles so you aint alone on this my friend :) As for testing for HIV you have to have 12 weeks without any further activity the longer you leave it with out getting tested will drive you crazy so if I was you I would get a quick result test and as a previous poster suggested you will get the answer straight away good luck and let us know how you get on! Cheers