PDA

View Full Version : Panicing about HIV again because of flaky skin

terrified357
31-10-16, 03:09
So I worked up the courage to take another Oraquick test at 21 weeks post-exposure, which is considered conclusive. The test came out negative, however I am still very concerned because my skin is dry and flaky in the EXACT same places described with seborrheic dermatitis, which is related to Hiv infection. My face has never been dry, I've always had oily skin. Do you think I can trust the Oraquick, or should I get another test?

James1983
31-10-16, 04:11
id trust the first test its your mind making 2x2=5 I do it all the time. relax

Dave_Lister
01-11-16, 14:57
So I worked up the courage to take another Oraquick test at 21 weeks post-exposure, which is considered conclusive. The test came out negative, however I am still very concerned because my skin is dry and flaky in the EXACT same places described with seborrheic dermatitis, which is related to Hiv infection. My face has never been dry, I've always had oily skin. Do you think I can trust the Oraquick, or should I get another test?

Your test was negative, you are fine. Trust me, I had a negative blood test done because I was scared about an encounter almost nine years ago, and I still needed reassurance that I was negative.

You are fine. Its time to move on and accept the results:)

terrified357
01-11-16, 21:45
Your test was negative, you are fine. Trust me, I had a negative blood test done because I was scared about an encounter almost nine years ago, and I still needed reassurance that I was negative.

You are fine. Its time to move on and accept the results:)

Thank you, I am feeling a bit better today.