PDA

View Full Version : Emotional Abuse

bluebottle
02-04-07, 19:42
I read that a person can experience PTSD after a emotionally abusive relationship. What do others think?

happyone
02-04-07, 20:17
I don't know but I would imagine PTSD could be suffered after any event that an individual found extremely traumatic.
What is trauma to one person may not be to another, but it is how an individual 'feels' that matters.

Happyone
xx

PanickyPolly
06-04-07, 21:42
I think I'm a victim of this myself. Emotional abuse is extremely damaging nad can even cuase personality disorders.

honeybee
07-04-07, 01:04
i think emotional abuse can cause huge problems... im 99% sure that's why mine started... :weep:

i'd never thought i had ptsd but i did a questionnaire on anxiety on the website below and my results said i showed signs of it...

i'd never considered it before but it REALLY makes sense... because i was so confident and out going before my panic attacks it seemed really strange that it all happened so suddenly. :shrug: before hand i was a complete adrenaline junkie :w00t2: now i cant even go out on my own. to me that is so strange, i could understand it if i'd always had an anxious nature but i didnt. i was going through a lot of emotional cr*p when it all started...

so how do people get over PTSD, is councilling the best option??? i've had it for 3 years now though and developed agoraphobia... anyony out there think councilling would help???

if you'd like to do the test the website is http://paniccenter.net/ they also offer a 12 week free online CBT course