PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I just be normal?

Shezney
31-10-16, 16:52
I'm so sick of feeling anxious/panicky all the time . I take atenalol, sertraline, mitrazapine and olanzapine, just finished a course of cbt and still can't stop feeling like this. I'm now so bad I can't travel more than 5 minutes from the house without feeling anxious, even with my partner with me , I'm worried and panicking all the time about the stupidest stuff. The nhs`s solution is more cbt at a hospital 10/15 mins away which I obviously can't get to , if I could get there I wouldn't need cbt! The doctors won't do anything to help me because I take an antipsychotic so they can't mess about with my medication. I really feel like crying , I've really tried and don't know what else I can do to help myself , it feels like no one is willing to help me.

jax12
31-10-16, 17:43
I can totally relate to u,I am feeling just like u,try so hard to help myself and its just a constant battle. Suppose we just have to keep going...only how do u cope and get on with it.I had melt down today,I have had my dosage of paroxetine upped to 30mg from 20mg,that was 2 weeks ago,they say it can take up to 6 weeks,seems like a lifetime but cant give up...need to get better. I havent eaten properly in 3weeks!! Why cant someone invent meds to make u feel good instead of having to go through hell. I hope u get the help that u need,my heart goes out to u,I have signed up to a few help groups,I will do anything to feel "normal" again. Ure not alone,dont ever give up trying even if it does feel like there is no help out there,docs prescribe meds and then theyre done,try find help groups,sounds like u need a lot of support,grab it with both hands,thats what Im gona do. Big hugs..Jackie x

Shezney
01-11-16, 08:42
Thank you Jackie x

NoraB
01-11-16, 08:57
The nhs`s solution is more cbt at a hospital 10/15 mins away which I obviously can't get to , if I could get there I wouldn't need cbt!.

I had my CBT via the phone. Worth asking?

SLA
01-11-16, 09:17
Do you feel like any of those drugs are having any benefit?

If I felt as bad as you do, I would be asking myself questions as to their effectiveness.

Would be a question for the Doctor next time I saw them.

Shezney
01-11-16, 15:11
Just finished a course of cbt that was done by phone.
SLA yeah I think maybe changing my meds would help but the drs won't change them , ha to be mental health doctor , who I at the hospital I can't get to .