PDA

View Full Version : Giving Up Smoking

Bigboyuk
31-10-16, 18:59
Hi everyone if this is in the wrong section could a mod please move it?? Thanks i have been struggling for years to give up but only been offered counselling anf it hasnt helped and was looking for 12 step anonymous programme like GA which i had been to and now got my gambling under control, the same with my over eating problem yes there is even a OEA group
for that too so really annoyed that there isnt one for smoking any way i have started a course of patches 24 hr slow release along with nicoteen gum i am, going to do my best to give up so would welcome support from other members of this wonderful forum Thank you :)

Magic
31-10-16, 19:40
Well done Bigboy, I wish you all the best with everything:hugs:

xBettyBoopx
31-10-16, 19:46
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/62350752.jpg

Good for you, keep up the good work :hugs::hugs:

unsure_about_this
31-10-16, 19:49
Well done

Traceypo
31-10-16, 20:01
I gave up over 6 months ago. I found Allan Carr book Easyway so helpful. I'm a happy non-smoker, don't miss it at all and haven't been tempted. I used a nicorette inhalator for the first few weeks.
Good luck, think of all you have to gain by quitting.

dale12345
31-10-16, 20:39
Good for you!!!! :DGave it up 2 years ago. It gets much easier. Dont ever crave one anymore at all.

Bigboyuk
02-11-16, 10:48
Hey Guys thanks it means a lot me to me the support on here is great thank you again . I did have a bit of a relapse on the first day and the patches leaflet does say you can use cigerates but the aim is to cut down which I have I won't be buying any more tobacco my house m8 has left a pack on the side and I will not let temptation beat me so the pack will stay there all day :) Will keep everyone updated on my progess Thank you again!!

Carrie8484
02-11-16, 10:58
Good luck
i gave up 2 years ago.
i did smoke while i was on holiday earlier this year but haven't been tempted since.
Think of the money you'll save too x

Traceypo
02-11-16, 20:26
I used the smoke-free app and a forum called health unlocked that was also supportive.
Good luck, the benefits are immense.

dale12345
02-11-16, 21:44
You an do it

Donz34
03-11-16, 02:55
I stopped around 6 months ago i use a vape but have cut my nicotine level down to the lowest. In also used health unlocked and still do now again. There all very supportive on there 😊
Well done and good luck with it

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 14:03
Folks i have really messed up and sadly back smoking again feel a faililure i have many problems in my life and one is wanting so badly a friend in my life well I did meet some one on here, but not sure where it's going as this person also has many problems which I try and help with but it's hard really hard and got quite attatched to them while I am not blaming them for my relapse it certainly hasn't helped me I thought my life was going to be full again, so sad thanks for reading :)

Magic
08-11-16, 14:17
Just a relapse, take one day at a time Bigboy, keep going x

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 14:40
Just a relapse, take one day at a time Bigboy, keep going x
I hope so Magic :) I hope my new friend will be back soon too!! Cheers

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 18:49
I stopped around 6 months ago i use a vape but have cut my nicotine level down to the lowest. In also used health unlocked and still do now again. There all very supportive on there ��
Well done and good luck with it I have mislaid my vape charger checked every where feel such a idiot as I would have been using that instead of buying more tobacco I have to stop for good but very difficult when your head is a messed up! Health Unlocked what is it? I just wish there was a 12 step programme group for smoking as I think there is ahuge need for one as said before 2, 12 step groups have helped me so a smoking group one too would greatly help me :) This sucks big time Cheers

dale12345
08-11-16, 20:34
You can do it, just relapse

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 22:11
You can do it, just relapse thanks Dale appreciate it
Cheers :)

Catherine S
08-11-16, 22:19
I gave up in 2001, and at the time there were loads of those anti-smoking ads on the tv showing gruesome pics of what smoking can do to your health, which needless to say everybody ignored lol! But the one that did get through to me was the one that said don't give up giving up. So simple really, because it was telling me I wasn't failing if I had a few cigarettes when I shouldn't, but to just get back on the giving up plan the next day. So I didn't give up giving up and eventually I did it.

ISB :-D

Traceypo
08-11-16, 22:26
On health unlocked there is a stopping smoking forum which is very supportive. Lots of encouragement and understanding.

Bigboyuk
08-11-16, 22:34
I gave up in 2001, and at the time there were loads of those anti-smoking ads on the tv showing gruesome pics of what smoking can do to your health, which needless to say everybody ignored lol! But the one that did get through to me was the one that said don't give up giving up. So simple really, because it was telling me I wasn't failing if I had a few cigarettes when I shouldn't, but to just get back on the giving up plan the next day. So I didn't give up giving up and eventually I did it.

ISB :-D[/QUOTE} Thanks Tomorrow is another better day :)

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

[QUOTE=Traceypo;1612151]On health unlocked there is a stopping smoking forum which is very supportive. Lots of encouragement and understanding. Hey may take a look at this but feel really good on this forum and getting support off you Guys is brill thank you :)

dale12345
08-11-16, 23:54
Gum helped me so much. That and water.

Bigboyuk
09-11-16, 12:47
Folks I feel so weepy today Have loads of things on my mind hence I have had a few smokes Arrrgh.
I know it won't make me feel any better and still I do it so stupid Any way If I can drag myself out of my chair I will go get a new charger for my Vape Thanks for reading :)

Magic
09-11-16, 14:26
There is a new vapour shop open just opposite to the Queens Garden in Newcastle Bigboy. I was asking about the new ones that are quite ugly they have a box at the side. Starting price £50!!! too expensive for me. I notice a few students are using them, when I pass the college. So much vapour, I thought there was a fire starting.
So hard to give up. I am same. x

Bigboyuk
09-11-16, 15:42
There is a new vapour shop open just opposite to the Queens Garden in Newcastle Bigboy. I was asking about the new ones that are quite ugly they have a box at the side. Starting price £50!!! too expensive for me. I notice a few students are using them, when I pass the college. So much vapour, I thought there was a fire starting.
So hard to give up. I am same. x Ok Don't think I know that one I ended up at Pipe Rack opposite Cash Convertors and got a USB charger for £3 and my Totaly wicked battery fits its perfeclty (which was bought in Fenton) and is now on charge There's a nice retro cafe in castle so If you fancy a cuppa there some time let me know thanks :)

Super_Freaked
10-11-16, 03:15
please try to quit smoking, your not giving it up , you are getting away for this horrible thing. Any replacement is just going to prolong it, please don't try any thing to replace it just quit and say F it ! It's actually so easy i did it after 24 years

Bigboyuk
10-11-16, 10:11
I appreciate your comments You say it's actually so easy but in essence this cant be true for everyone? Cheers :)

---------- Post added at 10:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Today is a new day just got up and getting some coffee and gonig to put a patch on and take some nicorrete gum!!! How are these Anonymous Groups funded like GA? Etc There is definately a need for a Smoking Anonymous Group and bizarely there is one for eating disorders, but not for smoking, no sense in that :)

Catherine S
10-11-16, 12:09
I agree, there needs to be as much support as for the gambling and alcohol groups, but there are some Stop Smoking groups attached to local GP surgeries, maybe you could find out if anyone at your surgery runs a group?

ISB

Bigboyuk
10-11-16, 15:11
I agree, there needs to be as much support as for the gambling and alcohol groups, but there are some Stop Smoking groups attached to local GP surgeries, maybe you could find out if anyone at your surgery runs a group?

ISBI Did ask but no such group at my surgery and not every room is in in use for normal day Gp stuff it's such a waste in my opinion all they need to do is have a few posters in the waiting area or even use the scrolling display in reception advertising a new group if interested ask at reception, more has to be done to help get people off this evil habit :) Cheers

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Think I will write to the practice manager and contact PALS it's a patient liason service so may be they can push the idea forward :)

dale12345
11-11-16, 03:06
You can do it!!!!!!

Bigboyuk
11-11-16, 16:10
Well smoked my last one just now got a patch on (was thinking put 2 patches on lol) And got my vape too
it's a real uphill struggle along with my loneliness to contend with. I have a friend that i made on here 2 months ago we have met twice recently but it just feels now that its become very distant and i keep thinking the friendship is falling apart! Yes they are having their own battles to wade through but it hasnt helped me to stop smoking, but now just for today i wont smoke any more :)

---------- Post added at 12:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

While my new friend has a big family to support him I have nothing my sister and brother have very little to do with me even though one of them is only 12 miles away :eek: it makes me sick thinking about it.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Well still toking on the vape and the patch is till in place so that's one thing to be greatful for I suppose
have tried so hard ot keep the friendship going with the person on here I met 2 months ago but it's hard really hard so prayers and good vibes are needed right now folks as Iam so lonely thank you :)

AnxietyDJ
11-11-16, 17:26
All the best my friend. You can do it! Whether it takes 1 try or 1000 tries, you will get there eventually. Do it for YOU. You deserve a huge pat on the back for even trying.

I gave up about 2 years ago now, after being on and off for years. It feels great when you get there and it suddenly all falls into place. Keep at it and it will work out.

Feel good, feel proud. You CAN beat this.

Bigboyuk
11-11-16, 21:41
All the best my friend. You can do it! Whether it takes 1 try or 1000 tries, you will get there eventually. Do it for YOU. You deserve a huge pat on the back for even trying.

I gave up about 2 years ago now, after being on and off for years. It feels great when you get there and it suddenly all falls into place. Keep at it and it will work out.

Feel good, feel proud. You CAN beat this. Hey Cheers ADJ (soz for the abreviation m8!) Thats :cool: and so positive too :yesyes: I did stop for 12 months then stupidly started again no one else to blame but me for that :)

dale12345
11-11-16, 21:55
Keep positive you can do it.

Bigboyuk
11-11-16, 22:51
Keep positive you can do it. Hey yes I can and I am worth it too In goes another chewing gum Thank you dale :)

dale12345
11-11-16, 23:55
No problem it is hard I understand.