PDA

View Full Version : mirtazapine

hogwarts
02-04-07, 19:53
Can anyone tell me if they get really horrible jelly legs with this MED??

Any help with this would be greatful.

Gareth:mad: :mad: :mad:

Serena
05-04-07, 21:15
When I took Mirtazepine I had restless legs in the evening and couldn't sit still. I also found it too sedating and I felt that I wasn't really "with it". i put on half a stone, which I soon lost when I stopped it.

jo61
05-04-07, 22:06
Been on it for years. I take the view it's better to be a few pounds overweight than skinny and miserable!!

Krakers
11-04-07, 07:59
No Jelly legs for me (was on it for about 4 months). I did get a good nights sleep on it, unfortunately I got a good days sleep on it too - 17 hours a day not good.

Krakers.

airwolf451
11-04-07, 13:28
not sure if i get jelly legs, but i do get leg pains, in teh backs of my legs,

also im on 5 mgs of buspar everyother day with these, not sure if they are helping thought.

im on 30mgs of mirtazapine a day, but they dont knock me out, still takes about 2 hours to go to sleep.

also my mouth, throat , nose, infact my whole head feels dry on these, and have a every tense head and face, does you guys know if the mirtazapine will help with this?

airwolf451
16-04-07, 14:39
anyone any idea how long this takes to work, i have been on it nearly 7 weeks now, 30mgs and still not feeling better.

though i now have sore legs and feet,and have found 5 red spots on my toungue.

is this normal?

joy
16-04-07, 21:42
i was on mirtazapine too for weeks and a lot of the time at 45mg. didnt do a thing for me in fact put me in hell,couldnt sleep or eat. Went on the makers website and they state if its not working after 4 weeks its prob not going to,so its either trying an increase or swop meds

Joy

Krakers
18-04-07, 02:27
i was on mirtazapine too for weeks and a lot of the time at 45mg. didnt do a thing for me in fact put me in hell,couldnt sleep or eat. Went on the makers website and they state if its not working after 4 weeks its prob not going to,so its either trying an increase or swop meds

Joy

When I was on it I was on 30mg, and didn't really notice any difference. I mentioned upping the dose to 45mg to my doc, and he said that dose was reserved for people who basically couldn't function without that dose. I would suggest trying a different med than increasing.

Krakers.

joy
18-04-07, 06:58
just goes to show how all docs have different opinions and are not always right

joy

jo61
18-04-07, 10:08
My dose wsa upped to 45 about 18 months ago. When I had a bit of a tough time recently, my psych researched it and was going to increase to 60 (which only a psychiatrist can do). Whilst we didn't go ahead with the increase, it just goes to show that people who are functioning can benefit from higher doses.