PDA

View Full Version : Heart Racing

jojojc
01-11-16, 02:42
Hello All
I am new to this forum. I have been experiencing episodes of racing heart along with an overall weird feeling through my body. At times i feel dizzy, heat thought my body like a low grade fever, but no fever. Pins and needles in arms and legs.
The flushes that come over me that are causing my heart to take off like a rocket are scaring me and it is getting to the point i don't want to leave my house as i never know when it is going to kick in.
I felt fine all day then out of the blue I felt weird this evening, felt like a flutter in my ear, then my heart started racing .. up to 130 bpm for about 10 min. It went back down to 70 bpm but now all i feel is like i have a fever and i keep getting dizzy.

I am awaiting blood work results on thyroid etc.
I was supposed to be wearing an event monitor but the ones they offer you have to attach to your skin and i am highly allergic to the adhesive so i could only wear it for two days. Of course the symptoms did not occur until the monitor was off. :weep::weep:

anyone else experience these symptoms?

venusbluejeans
01-11-16, 02:50
Hiya jojojc and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SurfingWaves
01-11-16, 19:58
Hi and welcome. I have experienced all those symptoms and they make up the experience of a panic attack. For me it starts in this order : anxious thought, fever flush, pounding heart, dizziness and then pins and needles. The more concerned I am about having the attack, the longer it stays. I found if I "just feel and accept" all the sensations it can pass within about 1 minute.

Hope I could be of help, kind regards