PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour terrified xx

Ljthompson10
01-11-16, 16:37
Hi everyone - I am overcoming my health anxiety and need some reassurance in order to help me.

About a 7 weeks ago I started having mild daily headaches and was terrified I had a brain tumour. I also had terrible health anxiety which was horrible. I had classic anxiety symptoms such as dizziness and drowsiness and derealisation etc. I had my eyes examined due to a lot of floaters and some flashes and all came back fine! I also saw my school nurse (who is amazing) and she said that I do not have a brain tumour and it's my anxiety that I need to deal with. This made me feel a lot better, however I then went on to worry about things such as ALS, heart attack, leukaemia, lymphoma etc. And my mind was taken off the brain tumour symptoms and the headaches began to go!!!!

However recently. I have been thinking about it again and I have noticed sometimes when I stretch or put strain on my body, or stand up too quickly I will get a pounding feeling at the top of my head. It will last for 3/4 pounds and then all is fine again!! I saw the nurse and she never even considered anything to do with a brain tumour and is either tight muscles in my neck of blood pressure, which does make sense. She told me to keep hydrated and eat and I'm not getting it as much now!!

I don't have severe persistent headaches

I don't have nausea and vomiting

I have had my eyes checked and all is great

I have not had a seizure

I am not at all drowsy.

Could I have some reasurrance and get told I'm being silly. It would really help. Thankyou!! :)

BTW I have been worrying for about 8 weeks now and nothing has gotten worse.

Thankyou. Being told I have not got a brain tumour would really help as I'm good with reassurance!!! Ahah

Thanks again

Fishmanpa
01-11-16, 16:56
I won't offer reassurance but I will say that if you read your own post it should be all the reassurance you need :D

Positive thoughts

unsure_about_this
01-11-16, 17:01
Hi

Have you been for an eye test recently which will run out the possible of the brain tumour worry

Fishmanpa
01-11-16, 17:02
Hi

Have you been for an eye test recently which will run out the possible of the brain tumour worry

Positive thoughts

Ljthompson10
01-11-16, 17:09
I won't offer reassurance but I will say that if you read your own post it should be all the reassurance you need :D

Positive thoughts

So your saying I'm fine basically ahahha ;)

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Hi

I have yeah and everything was fine. Why??

Dave_Lister
01-11-16, 17:23
I think they are asking if your eye exam was fine, because if it was, you need not worry about a tumor because the eye doctor would see some cranial pressure, and would send you to a doctor to have it examined further.

Eye docs can see quite a few things from an eye exam, and cranial pressure from a tumor is one of them.

You're good pal! Don't worry ok?:yesyes:

Ljthompson10
01-11-16, 17:25
Thanks very much man - appreciate it. I know I'm being silly but anxiety puts things out of perspective you know. Anyway cheers for the kind reply man

Dave_Lister
01-11-16, 17:28
Thanks very much man - appreciate it. I know I'm being silly but anxiety puts things out of perspective you know. Anyway cheers for the kind reply man

Its all good pal!

Ljthompson10
01-11-16, 17:42
Any more replies. Thanks to all who have replied. Made me feel a bit better
??????????????

Fishmanpa
01-11-16, 17:59
??????????????

What else do you need to hear? Seriously? You've been cleared by medical professionals and have no symptoms :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Dave_Lister
01-11-16, 18:57
??????????????

Concentrate on the fact that you have been cleared LJ. You have to. Do something to take your mind off of this.

Are a footie fan, do you play video games? Just immerse yourself in something other than the internet searching for reassurance, or a reason for you feeling the way you do.

Trust me, it will get better. Just try taking your mind off of it.

Ljthompson10
01-11-16, 20:43
Ok so are my eye doctor and school nurse people I can trust??

I haven't had any tests but is that not a. Problem?

Dave_Lister
01-11-16, 21:17
Brain tumors are very rare, and I think that if your symptoms are not always present than this would mean that you do not have a brain tumor.

Also, by going off of your symptoms that you listed, I would say that it is safe to assume that your nurse was correct in what she told you.

If you are really having a lot of anxiety over this, and you are worried, why not talk to your mum or dad, and get them to get you looked at (I say this only because I think you need to have the reassurance from a real live doctor, not because I think there is something wrong).

I know it is hard not obsessing over this, but if you were my son(I have a 16 year old boy) I would want him to come to me with this because the last thing any parent wants is to see their child in distress over something.

Ljthompson10
02-11-16, 07:41
Ok but if I try and get over this do you think it's not necessary to see the GP yet??

NoraB
02-11-16, 09:33
Ok but if I try and get over this do you think it's not necessary to see the GP yet??

The first thing a GP would ask is if you've had a recent eye test and you've had one and you're fine so take comfort in that. If you were having severe headaches constantly, he/she might send you for a brain scan as a cautionary measure. I've had one because I was having severe headaches despite my eye test being normal and guess what? No brain tumour!:yesyes:

You said...

"I don't have severe persistent headaches

I have not had a seizure

I am not at all drowsy."

You don't have a brain tumour.

I have really struggled with HA and I understand the euphoria of receiving negative test results, therefore reassurance, only to have the 'What If' gremlin ruin it all a few hours later.

'They must have missed something'

They're not telling me everything'

'I can't feel THIS ill and it be nothing' ETC..

Panic. Panic. Headache caused by panicking. Reinforce the self-diagnosis.:scared15:

We can reassure you on here until the cows come home and you can keep seeking reassurance from professionals but you'll just keep going round in circles until YOU decide enough is enough. At some point YOU have to trust what you are being told.

A lot of people get a pounding feeling if they get up too quick. I used to get it when I got out of the bath as well so I learned not to stand up too quickly. I also think that spending time hunched over computers and laptops etc causes lots of muscular problems in the neck causing stuff like this.

Trust that an eye test would have picked up any inflammation caused by a tumour.

Understand that there are thousands of 'I've got a brain tumour' posts on anxiety forums across the internet along with 'I'm having a heart attack' and 'I've got MS' what does that tell you?

Take your thoughts to 'court' and look at the evidence.

Have you had an eye test and been referred by the optician?

No.

Do you have any symptom which anxiety can't explain?

No.

Are you having fits?

No.

Do you see where I am going with this?

Every time your thoughts start to run away with you, distract yourself. Accept the thought for what it is - just a thought - and go and do something. Watch a funny programme or play a computer game and most of all - ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT!

All the best.

Ljthompson10
02-11-16, 09:39
Good news. I haven't had the head pressure all day so far. And I have managed to stay hydrated. ( it happened a lot in the morning yesterday!! )

Although I still feel a huge weight on my shoulders and still don't feel myself 100%. But that's just classic anxiety right? smile

Mercime
02-11-16, 10:07
Lots of reassurance has told you that's the case, so well done for being positive - but you are still reassurance seeking, albeit in a different way.
Can I ask, you mentioned the school nurse and that you're 17. Unusual to see one at that age, but glad you could. Are you still attending school?

Ljthompson10
02-11-16, 12:07
Yes I'm in college so not really school. More a 6th form. Why ahhah

Mercime
02-11-16, 14:28
Because you mentioned trusting your school nurse? I didn't think you'd have access to one?

Dave_Lister
02-11-16, 14:49
Yes I'm in college so not really school. More a 6th form. Why ahhah

LJ I am in Canada, and you responded to my post at about midnight your time yesterday. For goodness sake kid, get some proper sleep. Drink some chamomile tea before you go to sleep and try and relax.

Its gonna be ok!:D

Ljthompson10
02-11-16, 18:11
The first thing a GP would ask is if you've had a recent eye test and you've had one and you're fine so take comfort in that. If you were having severe headaches constantly, he/she might send you for a brain scan as a cautionary measure. I've had one because I was having severe headaches despite my eye test being normal and guess what? No brain tumour!:yesyes:

You said...

"I don't have severe persistent headaches

I have not had a seizure

I am not at all drowsy."

You don't have a brain tumour.

I have really struggled with HA and I understand the euphoria of receiving negative test results, therefore reassurance, only to have the 'What If' gremlin ruin it all a few hours later.

'They must have missed something'

They're not telling me everything'

'I can't feel THIS ill and it be nothing' ETC..

Panic. Panic. Headache caused by panicking. Reinforce the self-diagnosis.:scared15:

We can reassure you on here until the cows come home and you can keep seeking reassurance from professionals but you'll just keep going round in circles until YOU decide enough is enough. At some point YOU have to trust what you are being told.

A lot of people get a pounding feeling if they get up too quick. I used to get it when I got out of the bath as well so I learned not to stand up too quickly. I also think that spending time hunched over computers and laptops etc causes lots of muscular problems in the neck causing stuff like this.

Trust that an eye test would have picked up any inflammation caused by a tumour.

Understand that there are thousands of 'I've got a brain tumour' posts on anxiety forums across the internet along with 'I'm having a heart attack' and 'I've got MS' what does that tell you?

Take your thoughts to 'court' and look at the evidence.

Have you had an eye test and been referred by the optician?

No.

Do you have any symptom which anxiety can't explain?

No.

Are you having fits?

No.

Do you see where I am going with this?

Every time your thoughts start to run away with you, distract yourself. Accept the thought for what it is - just a thought - and go and do something. Watch a funny programme or play a computer game and most of all - ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT!

All the best.

Thankyou for your amazing comment. It has really smacked me round the face in a way. Ahah

After staying hydrated I have not had the throbbing of the head once today!!!!

However I have had a heavy feeling around my sinus area and is worse sometimes when I run.
However I have just been to the gym and it was fine.
It is also at its worst when I think about it hahaha

Typical.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Thankyou mate ahaha. Trust me I still have good sleep ;)

And I think I'm going to try and deal with this before going to the GP.

Today was good. However the only symptom I have is like a heavy, foggy feeling in my head. But no real headache.

And correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't at all a brain tumour symptom but is very very common in anxiety.

And the head pounding has stopped btw!!! :)

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

LJ I am in Canada, and you responded to my post at about midnight your time yesterday. For goodness sake kid, get some proper sleep. Drink some chamomile tea before you go to sleep and try and relax.

Its gonna be ok!:D

Thankyou mate ahaha. Trust me I still have good sleep

And I think I'm going to try and deal with this before going to the GP.

Today was good. However the only symptom I have is like a heavy, foggy feeling in my head. But no real headache.

And correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't at all a brain tumour symptom but is very very common in anxiety.

And the head pounding has stopped btw!!!

Dave_Lister
02-11-16, 20:01
That foggy feeling is a very common symptom in anxiety. I am actually going through it myself right now because I have been so worked up over some stuff and my mind has run away from me. We all get this.

I would suggest because of your age, that you get some help to deal with this HA. Mine is a product of 40 years, and you are only 17, so you can actually nip this in the bud if you were to go and speak with a counselor or a Psychiatrist.

Rest assured though that you do not have a tumor :)

Mercime
03-11-16, 10:47
??????????????

Seeking reassurance here while you're at college isn't a good idea! Seeking reassurance constantly at any time isn't a good idea, it's the worst thing for spiralling your Health Anxiety. You've got a clean bill of health regarding your concerns so how about getting some professional help to treat your anxiety. Trip to the GP to discuss therapy/meds is probably in order?

Ljthompson10
03-11-16, 10:55
I have organised therapy sessions :)

Just the foggy feeling in my head is so annoying.

But the more I concerntrate on it the worst it is!!

Mercime
03-11-16, 11:49
That's good, what kind of therapy are you doing? Is it a regular thing?

Ljthompson10
03-11-16, 12:04
Yes I will be
It's the school council - who deal with anxiety

Ljthompson10
03-11-16, 16:28
That foggy feeling is a very common symptom in anxiety. I am actually going through it myself right now because I have been so worked up over some stuff and my mind has run away from me. We all get this.

I would suggest because of your age, that you get some help to deal with this HA. Mine is a product of 40 years, and you are only 17, so you can actually nip this in the bud if you were to go and speak with a counselor or a Psychiatrist.

Rest assured though that you do not have a tumor :)

Thankyou very much

I also have a detached feeling sometimes. Like I'm looking at the world from a different perspective to what I usually do. But it's a feeling that's extremely!!!! Hard to explain. It's worst when I think about it though. I'll take it this is very common in anxiety right?

And I have also got a meeting with the school concealer tomorrow because if your good advice!!!!

Dave_Lister
03-11-16, 16:52
:yesyes::yesyes: good on you man!

Yes this is all anxiety!

It is tough accepting that you need help, trust me I know. But it will make you a better person, and it will make you feel so much better

Ljthompson10
03-11-16, 18:05
Thanks man!! :)

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

:yesyes::yesyes: good on you man!

Yes this is all anxiety!

It is tough accepting that you need help, trust me I know. But it will make you a better person, and it will make you feel so much better

Hi. The last 2 nights I have realised when I have been allay on my back in bed I have had constant twitches/tremors in the back of my neck which are really annoying and unsettling.

My grandad died of Parkinson's last year.

Please tell me it's nothing to worry about??
I know it's common in anxiety

Fishmanpa
03-11-16, 18:07
I know it's common in anxiety

So if you know it's common with anxiety then what's logical answer? I think you can reassure yourself on this one :)

Positive thoughts

Ljthompson10
03-11-16, 18:11
So if you know it's common with anxiety then what's logical answer? I think you can reassure yourself on this one :)

Positive thoughts

Thanks very much.

Would I know if I had Parkinson's at my age of 17?

Fishmanpa
03-11-16, 18:12
Thanks very much.

Would I know if I had Parkinson's at my age of 17?

I'm not going to answer that as you already know the answer. What is it?

Positive thoughts

Ljthompson10
03-11-16, 18:12
I'm not going to answer that as you already know the answer. What is it?

Positive thoughts

What is what?

Dave_Lister
03-11-16, 18:47
He is trying to get you to admit to yourself that this is all anxiety.

I asked you a question before about what your hobbies are and you never answered me. What are they?

Have you tried doing one of your hobbies and immersed yourself in it, and if so, did you have any symptoms? I am going to say that you didn't. Its all in your head pal.

Let it go. Have a talk with your counselor and tell them whats going on and that you think you could use some help with this stuff.

Ljthompson10
03-11-16, 18:53
Ok. To be honest I only notice it when I lay on my back and think about it....

Thats a good sign right? :)

Mercime
03-11-16, 19:17
You remind me of somebody else on here Lj, and we know that repeating advice and more importantly reassurance, hasn't helped. You are going to see the counsellor soon, so concentrate your energies into that, rather than posting for reassurance here.

Hope it goes well.

Dave_Lister
03-11-16, 19:23
Ok. To be honest I only notice it when I lay on my back and think about it....

Thats a good sign right? :)

Yes, that's what I was trying to get you to realize. This only happens when you focus on it. What does that mean you ask?

It means that this is your mind making you feel the things that are not real.

The acronym for FEAR is:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real.

Focus on that my friend!

You're fine!

Ljthompson10
04-11-16, 08:31
Yes, that's what I was trying to get you to realize. This only happens when you focus on it. What does that mean you ask?

It means that this is your mind making you feel the things that are not real.

The acronym for FEAR is:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real.

Focus on that my friend!

You're fine!

One thing I haven't really worried about is MS and even though I haven't worried in the past I don't want to.

I was just wondering. Sometimes I get flashes of light in my eyes when I quickly move them. But would optic neuritis definitely be spotted by my eye exam which was fine by the way!! The looked at detail at the back of my eye and the front.

Btw. My neck twitches did not effect my sleep and I'm getting a massage tonight!!

Mercime
04-11-16, 08:40
You really DO sound like another poster on here, the similarities in the way you post, it's uncanny!

But I'm going to do for you what I did for them, and stop encouraging you to post because you are flying very quickly to a different issue. I hope everything goes well for your school counselling.

Take care.

Ljthompson10
04-11-16, 09:03
You really DO sound like another poster on here, the similarities in the way you post, it's uncanny!

But I'm going to do for you what I did for them, and stop encouraging you to post because you are flying very quickly to a different issue. I hope everything goes well for your school counselling.

Take care.

Should I not be worried and just stop thinking about it then?

Ljthompson10
04-11-16, 11:05
But can anxiety cause tremors and occasional muscle twitches ( which arnt persistent)?
Also I'm guessing a eye exam will have defended optic neuritis and thy wouldn't have told me I'm fine??

Fishmanpa
04-11-16, 12:02
What do you want people to say that you yourself and everyone else has said for several pages? My daughter suffers from anxiety and depression. When she was your age, she came to me and discussed what she was feeling. I, along with her mother made sure she got help. She's doing much better and graduating college next month. Reassurance clearly isn't working so perhaps you should talk to your parents and see your GP about a referral to mental health services.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Mercime
04-11-16, 12:23
I've learnt from experience from other posters that constantly replying to "but what about this, am I fine, but what about this, am I fine...", doesn't work and actually makes matters worse.

My thoughts exactly. Lj has said he has access to a school counsellor, which would seem to be a better option that posting on here, as it is clearly not helping. Maybe we should let him focus on that, rather than reassurance seeking here.

Ljthompson10
04-11-16, 15:01
Thanks guys.

I have just had my first councelling session. And even though I still have the obvious anxiety symptoms.

- Feeling dazy
- Low mood
- Reoccuring thoughts
- Noticing my floaters more
-Not feeling my usual self.

I have realised if it were something like a brain tumour I would be extremely ill now after 8 weeks and wouldn't be able to go to the gym and school each day.

So it's a working progress. :)

jimmyj
04-11-16, 15:37
Hi all I suffer from health anxiety and had a headache for a few months and saw this ,what's everyone' view?

http://www.mdedge.com/neurologyreviews/article/73299/headache-migraine/new-daily-persistent-headache-not-so-rare

http://www.mdjunction.com/ndph

axolotl
04-11-16, 16:20
Hi all I suffer from health anxiety and had a headache for a few months and saw this ,what's everyone' view?

http://www.mdedge.com/neurologyreviews/article/73299/headache-migraine/new-daily-persistent-headache-not-so-rare

http://www.mdjunction.com/ndph

My view is stop Googling medical symptoms.

jimmyj
04-11-16, 16:27
Thanks but Im looking for an answer to my headaches

Ljthompson10
04-11-16, 17:37
Thanks guys.

I have just had my first councelling session. And even though I still have the obvious anxiety symptoms.

- Feeling dazy
- Low mood
- Reoccuring thoughts

I have realised if it were something like a brain tumour I would be extremely ill now after 8 weeks and wouldn't be able to go to the gym and school each day.

So it's a working progress.

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

What do you want people to say that you yourself and everyone else has said for several pages? My daughter suffers from anxiety and depression. When she was your age, she came to me and discussed what she was feeling. I, along with her mother made sure she got help. She's doing much better and graduating college next month. Reassurance clearly isn't working so perhaps you should talk to your parents and see your GP about a referral to mental health services.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Thanks guys.

- Feeling dazy
- Low mood
- Reoccuring thoughts

So it's a working progress.

Panda22
04-11-16, 18:27
Good that your making some progress Lj:)

Hang in there and the other anxiety symptoms will get less and less too

Ljthompson10
04-11-16, 18:36
Thankyou so much.

How long does it usually take for anxiety symptoms to subside??

Fishmanpa
04-11-16, 18:42
How long does it usually take for anxiety symptoms to subside??

Think of your anxiety like a bonfire. Right now, there's wood piled high and it's burning hot. It takes time for the flames to subside and even then, there's a bed of hot coals just waiting for a little bit of fuel to start burning again (Google etc. etc.). Just like a bonfire, it takes a while for the coals to finally go out. Patience and avoiding putting more wood on the fire will lessen the time it takes for the fire to go out.

Positive thoughts

Ljthompson10
04-11-16, 19:10
Think of your anxiety like a bonfire. Right now, there's wood piled high and it's burning hot. It takes time for the flames to subside and even then, there's a bed of hot coals just waiting for a little bit of fuel to start burning again (Google etc. etc.). Just like a bonfire, it takes a while for the coals to finally go out. Patience and avoiding putting more wood on the fire will lessen the time it takes for the fire to go out.

Positive thoughts

That is such good advice.

I understand by thinking that way.

I really appreciate it.

Thankyou!!

Mustard
04-11-16, 23:37
Hi Ljthompson10,
I do have a brain tumour and from what you said makes me think you don't. I had constant headaches that would last a week and then I had a seizure. That's how they eventually found it. In my brain tumour support group most had headaches or seizures or weakness down one side. One had a car accident and when they did the MRI it showed the tumour. They most likely had a siezure and that's why they had the accident. If you are really worried about, it ask your doctor for an MRI with contrast. But I'm sure you don't have one.
Paul

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 08:18
Hi Ljthompson10,
I do have a brain tumour and from what you said makes me think you don't. I had constant headaches that would last a week and then I had a seizure. That's how they eventually found it. In my brain tumour support group most had headaches or seizures or weakness down one side. One had a car accident and when they did the MRI it showed the tumour. They most likely had a siezure and that's why they had the accident. If you are really worried about, it ask your doctor for an MRI with contrast. But I'm sure you don't have one.
Paul

Please don't put it back into my head!!!!

I need to focus on my anxiety!!!!

Why would I need a scan if I don't have ANY symptoms!?!?

I'm dealing with my anxiety!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Guys I was doing well and now that comment has put the worries back into my head!!! :( :(

jimmyj
05-11-16, 08:30
Whats your view on https://americanmigrainefoundation.org/living-with-migraines/types-of-headachemigraine/new-daily-persistent-headache/

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 08:59
Thankyou veryyyyy much x

appreciate it :)

axolotl
05-11-16, 09:07
Please don't put it back into my head!!!!

I need to focus on my anxiety!!!!

Why would I need a scan if I don't have ANY symptoms!?!?

I'm dealing with my anxiety!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Guys I was doing well and now that comment has put the worries back into my head!!! :( :(

LJ, focus on the bit that says "I have it, I know how it feels, and it doesn't feel like that".

---------- Post added at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

And when someone posts with a "I have the thing you fear" take a moment to reflect on that and maybe offer some words of support, instead of having a go about how they make you feel with their posts, and bringing it all back to yourself. They were trying to help you and reassure you.

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 09:56
I am sorry. It's just I was doing well and trying to forget about the symptoms anxiety seems to be causing me and then when he mentioned a scan it sort of made me feel low again and all the negative thoughts crept back. :( :(

But I'm sorry if it caused any offense. :)

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 10:11
Fortunately I have the lesser problems eh? I have to look at it that way.

And yeah I won't be as short tempered. Sorry.

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 11:07
I understand.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

It's not about trivialising anxiety, it's an awful thing in itself, but sometimes putting things into context and putting yourself in the shoes of others can help.

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

I feel I should clarify what I mean as it did sound like I was trivialising anxiety. Anxiety is what your problem is, and this should be your focus of concern to deal with, and while you have a problem to deal with "someone else has got it worse" isn't always useful. When I'm talking about context, I mean your fears caused by your anxious mind. Your anxiety should be treated with respect as a problem you have, but you should learn to treat the thoughts it pops in your head with as little respect as possible. Realising people have what you fear and it isn't "I've had a bit of a headache for a few weeks" is what I mean. And also taking time to reassure other posters - it drags you out of your own fears, makes you realise others are going through the same thing, and as you give advice to others you give advice to yourself.

Hope that makes sense.

By the way. I'm just wondering what symptoms of anxiety I have been feeling as I do t know what you would call it.

I just don't feel myself. It is worse at some times than others and isn't bad when I distracted. I have been feeling this way since I started worrying about my health and it feels like I'm a different person to what I was and am looking at the world through different eyes. When it's at it's worst I start to notice my floaters in my eyes a lot more and I go in a daze of imagination as if I loose focus and then I know I need to distract myself.

What would you call this?

And yeah thanks for the advice I'm really starting to tackle my anxiety and will start to give advice to others.

Thanks again!!

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 11:19
So it's 100% am anxiety symptom then.

Thanks

MyNameIsTerry
05-11-16, 11:34
So it's 100% am anxiety symptom then.

Thanks

I haven't read all this thread but since it's a brain tumour one, I'm going to assume you were considering possible change in behaviour/thinking. You are a bit vague on how you feel your thinking changes so this is hard to understand right now but in terms of how anxiety can alter your perception of yourself and the world around you, read about Depersonalisation & Derealisation on here which may account for this.

They are typically experienced due to high levels of anxiety or from panic attacks since they are a way for the brain to escape the pain of what we are going through but this alone makes an anxious person worry about what they are feeling which causes more anxiety for them.

You can feel very strange during bouts of this, some feel inhuman, some can't understand the world around them. I'm not sure, it was just when you mentioned feeling in a dreamlike state and rather than think tumour, learn about the powerful ways anxiety & panic can manifest.

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 12:34
I haven't mentioned a change in thinking?

I don't have that

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

I haven't read all this thread but since it's a brain tumour one, I'm going to assume you were considering possible change in behaviour/thinking. You are a bit vague on how you feel your thinking changes so this is hard to understand right now but in terms of how anxiety can alter your perception of yourself and the world around you, read about Depersonalisation & Derealisation on here which may account for this.

They are typically experienced due to high levels of anxiety or from panic attacks since they are a way for the brain to escape the pain of what we are going through but this alone makes an anxious person worry about what they are feeling which causes more anxiety for them.

You can feel very strange during bouts of this, some feel inhuman, some can't understand the world around them. I'm not sure, it was just when you mentioned feeling in a dreamlike state and rather than think tumour, learn about the powerful ways anxiety & panic can manifest.

And I haven't had a change In Thinking

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

But would this feeling even be close to what a brain tumour would be to me??

It seems pretty irrational doesn't it??

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

I'm pretty sure it's not a symptom even linked to a brain tumour.

I have had it for 8 weeks now with no other symptoms (classic) of a BT

MyNameIsTerry
05-11-16, 13:10
I just don't feel myself. It is worse at some times than others and isn't bad when I distracted. I have been feeling this way since I started worrying about my health and it feels like I'm a different person to what I was and am looking at the world through different eyes. When it's at it's worst I start to notice my floaters in my eyes a lot more and I go in a daze of imagination as if I loose focus and then I know I need to distract myself.

What would you call this?

That reads, at least to me, that you are thinking not quite as before. This is typical of anxiety though, questioning things that never mattered before, overthinking, thoughts drifting into worry & rumination. Many experience episodes of DP/DR with this too.

Some people with brain tumour worries equate this to a change in personality. It's not, but it's an irrational worry that can present. It's good you see that's not the case.

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 13:27
Thanks. I sort of know it's not a change in personality as sometimes I'm myself.

It's just a horrible symptom. But I'm sure it's anxiety.

I also feel very low at times.

I think I may have some sort of mild depression.

But these would not occur with brain tumours would they??

As at the end of the day.

I don't have headaches
I don't vomit
I'm not nausious
My eye test was fine (back and front of them, Ben though I have floaters)
I'm not extremely drowzy ( but have grown about a foot in the last year)
I have never had a seizure (touch wood) -ahah

So it's pretty obvious what I need to focus on isn't it ahahah

MyNameIsTerry
05-11-16, 13:48
You are demonstrating some good rational thinking here. This will help you to change your thinking and beat your anxiety. Some don't even have this without a lot of work.

So, rather than ask "do people with brain tumours have this? ", why not ask "do people with anxiety have this?" You will find many who have your symptoms on here, there are endless threads.

You've started by collating evidence that you've NOT had various symptoms of tumour so now record your anxiety symptoms and further evidence your case for anxiety.

It's great to see you learning to accept it, that's a step towards removing the reassurance seeking that always wants to get you to ask "is it?", "am I ok? ", etc because you need to consciously accept you are ok and slowly your subconscious will learn not to pester you with these worrying thoughts. Couple that with reducing your reaction to symptoms and these thoughts, and make that reaction positive/neutral rather than negative (fear, worry, doubt, etc) and you will beat it.

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 14:19
Such good advice

Thankyou.

I will beat it!!

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

One thing that helps is I just think to myself.

I have had the worry about brain tumours for almost 9 WHOLE WEEKS STRAIGHT now so I like to think I would be in a bit of a state with a few strong symptoms which would have arisen.

Do you know what I mean??

:) thanks again. I will beat this.

Fishmanpa
05-11-16, 14:25
I have had the worry about brain tumours for almost 9 WHOLE WEEKS STRAIGHT now so I like to think I would be in a bit of a state with a few strong symptoms which would have arisen.

Do you know what I mean??

Glad to see some rational thoughts coming from you. Think about that! 9 weeks straight you've spent nearly all your time focused on something that for all intents and purposes was a fantasy. That's 9 weeks of your life you could have been doing something you enjoy.

I often say that I have real physical issues that can bury me six feet under and it's a reality. Anxiety does that to you above ground.

Now... speaking of living, perhaps you should log off the forum and go do some living. Staying on here keeps you focused on your anxiety and I think it's about time you give yourself a break :D

Positive thoughts

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 19:36
[QUOTE=Fishmanpa;1610908].

I often say that I have real physical issues that can bury me six feet under and it's a reality. Anxiety does that to you above ground.

Thanks. But I don't understand this?? :)

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Guys I need help. At the minute I am studying psychology at A level and we are learning about schizophrenia!

And I feel like since my health anxiety has been bad I am experiencing negative symptoms of it. E.g.

Loss of interest
Lack of motivation at times.
Stopped being so energetic
Stopped seeing mates as much
Not as intreguing in convosations.

It's terrifying me.

But the rational side makes me think If I had it I wouldn't be aware of it.

Please give help.

Much needed!!

I'm still getting over it btw and am feeling a bit better!!

Mercime
05-11-16, 20:05
You're not, if you were, you wouldn't be asking for reassurance. It looks very much like answers aren't helping, I hope people consider this before replying.

Ljthompson10
05-11-16, 20:13
I'm asking for reasurrance for this because I wasn't to stop it at the first hurdle unlike my fear of brain tumours which I am getting over.

I have stopped multiple other worries by getting reassurance as quick as possible.

So I'm trying to do the same!!
Please!!
Thankyou.

Ljthompson10
06-11-16, 11:19
Guys. I just want to thank you all for the reasurrance and positivity you have given me.

I still fear brain tumours but as you say the only symptom I have is a feeling of daziness at times and I must admit at times I dont feel myself. However it is worst when I am on my own and have time to think about it (and even in the bright light outside can be worst) , however because I can't describe how I feel at times (and simply say 'I don't feel myself') reasurrance me as I would know exactly how bad I felt (eg with. Seizures headaches and vomiting etc. ) if I had a brain tumour.

Anyway I'm going to tackle my anxiety and try to stay off this forum for a little bit. However I will continue to post on this forum if I need advice.

At the end of the day , I have:

-No severe / persistent headaches
-No nausea of vommitting
-No seizures I'm aware of
-No extreme drowzinsss to the point I want to fall asleep in the day. But I am a teen who is growing so am tired at times.
-My eye test where not only did they test my vision, however also looked at the back of my eyes was FINE.
-I have no hearing problems
-no speech problems
-No problems walking and play sport on a regular basis. So my co ordinations fine.

So it's safe to say I have NO symptoms of a brain tumour. And would probably know if I did after 9 WEEKS Of my life worrying!!

Anyway, I'm going to try and tackle my anxiety now but want to than you for all your help.

Ljthompson10
06-11-16, 18:37
Guys. I just want to thank you all for the reasurrance and positivity you have given me.

I still fear brain tumours but as you say the only symptom I have is a feeling of daziness at times and I must admit at times I dont feel myself. However it is worst when I am on my own and have time to think about it (and even in the bright light outside can be worst) , however because I can't describe how I feel at times (and simply say 'I don't feel myself') reasurrance me as I would know exactly how bad I felt (eg with. Seizures headaches and vomiting etc. ) if I had a brain tumour.

Anyway I'm going to tackle my anxiety and try to stay off this forum for a little bit. However I will continue to post on this forum if I need advice.

At the end of the day , I have:

-No severe / persistent headaches
-No nausea of vommitting
-No seizures I'm aware of
-No extreme drowzinsss to the point I want to fall asleep in the day. But I am a teen who is growing so am tired at times.
-My eye test where not only did they test my vision, however also looked at the back of my eyes was FINE.
-I have no hearing problems
-no speech problems
-No problems walking and play sport on a regular basis. So my co ordinations fine.

So it's safe to say I have NO symptoms of a brain tumour. And would probably know if I did after 9 WEEKS Of my life worrying!!

Anyway, I'm going to try and tackle my anxiety now but want to than you for all your help.