PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ,,, to here and anxiety. Alcohol and cannabis

Bigphil
01-11-16, 18:40
Hi all, just found this forum. I have been to the doctors a couple of times recently but just today got a prescription for help sleeping, settling my stomach and when that takes effect something to help with the anxiety.

I can only assume my health anxiety is down to my decision to stop smoking cannabis and greatly reduce, if not, stop drinking altogether alcohol, both I have abused since I was 20 and am now 37.

I don't know where to begin to be honest. Some days are better than others but my fear of my own health has not subsided at all. Two visits to the doctor, a chest X-ray which came back clear, an Ecg which showed up clear and normal but yet my head is still reeling because i get numbness down both arms (specifically my ulnar nerve) so my little fingers get numb easily if I lay on them for a short time or even have my arms slightly elevated. Cold toes too lately. The doctor can't define it until my blood results come back later this week so needless to say I still feel really worried and down. I used to be sickeningly happy all the time to everybody else. Most folk would say "look at big Phil always smiling". Not the case anymore.

venusbluejeans
01-11-16, 18:48
Hiya Bigphil and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: